• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys need some JE advise while sale is going on.

Ive had the Escobars for a while, the old style with the thick waist cord. I’m 6’2” 180 wear size 31/32 in denim. The escobars are size 4 and I was fine with that for while but I feel like I want to go slimmer. They sag A LOT in the back and just generally look sloppy and very baggy now. Should I be getting a size 2 or 3? I don’t want skin tight fit, I’m just apprehensive cause I feel like a size 3 will just stretch out and be baggy as well.

just looking for input.

Thanks in advance ??
Definitely not a size 2 at those measurements, it'd be skin tight. You should be safe with a size 3. All cotton sweatpants are prone to bagging out, there's not a whole lot you can do about it unless you buy a pair with elastane or a similar material.

tommo

Reaction score
I had Deist / Archive Rust.

They suck. Weird mid wash with stains on them, sposed to be rust, that just look like mustard stains. The amount of comments I got from people thinking I’d spilt my lunch on them.

I moved them on via Grailed for about 50 dollars. I’d avoid if I were you

Deceive

Reaction score
Hey guys need some JE advise while sale is going on.

Ive had the Escobars for a while, the old style with the thick waist cord. I’m 6’2” 180 wear size 31/32 in denim. The escobars are size 4 and I was fine with that for while but I feel like I want to go slimmer. They sag A LOT in the back and just generally look sloppy and very baggy now. Should I be getting a size 2 or 3? I don’t want skin tight fit, I’m just apprehensive cause I feel like a size 3 will just stretch out and be baggy as well.

just looking for input.

Thanks in advance ??
I'd recommend going with size 3, I am 6'1"/180lbs and I comfortably wear size 3. I tried wearing size 2 at once point and as @jstrath406 said, they were skin tight and I ended up selling them.

ruskiatnonov

Reaction score
Definitely not a size 2 at those measurements, it'd be skin tight. You should be safe with a size 3. All cotton sweatpants are prone to bagging out, there's not a whole lot you can do about it unless you buy a pair with elastane or a similar material.

I'd recommend going with size 3, I am 6'1"/180lbs and I comfortably wear size 3. I tried wearing size 2 at once point and as @jstrath406 said, they were skin tight and I ended up selling them.

Definitive advise, champs. Thank you very much. Decision made, moving on ??

MichaelPatrick0

Reaction score
Got some new with Barney's tags Odeons from eBay for $105. Not sure if I will like the knee blowouts, but that is a pretty good price.
That’s a great price on those, if u change mind on those what size are they ? I personally love my Odeon’s..

timofay

Reaction score
Anyone here have anything to say about the Himalayan pants? I'm looking at picking up a pair from nordstrom sale. I am looking for a casual pair of pants to throw on when I don't feel like wearing jeans...wondering if these would fit the bill. Would appreciate any insight!

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone here have anything to say about the Himalayan pants? I'm looking at picking up a pair from nordstrom sale. I am looking for a casual pair of pants to throw on when I don't feel like wearing jeans...wondering if these would fit the bill. Would appreciate any insight!

Also would like to jump on this question and confim if nylon Himalayan pants are TTS or size up?

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got the Himalayan cargo's. I went TTS. I wear a M in those, Cargo pants, and sweats.

******* Nordstrom is confusing with "fit small, go up one size" :)

1585853287594.png

BigRed

Reaction score
I talked about how similar the colors Cadet and Lapis were in my mind...here is my Cadet Uni tee on the left and my Lapis AE tee on the right...turns out there is more of a difference than I thought
C6190F77-0F6D-4984-8BF3-C48D670EC650.jpeg

Dpsie

Reaction score
Also would like to jump on this question and confim if nylon Himalayan pants are TTS or size up?

I got the Himalayan Cargos in a S. I’m an S in game shorts, 29 in Cast 2 and M in sweats. Anything that has a 29 waist size fits me so I’d look at the size chart on JE. For reference I’m 6’1” 155-160.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads