• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

aJEfan

Reaction score
Here’s a quick update on my pair of canyons after their first wash. I really like the colour a lot more overall now cause it’s less vibrant and dark, so honestly that’s a really good development. Overall i’m happy, but really sad cause i ripped my washed graphites.. ??

How did you size in the washed graphites compared to your usual cast 2?

Titothejawnman

Reaction score
How did you size in the washed graphites compared to your usual cast 2?
You def should size up in the raw graphite’s. They’re much tighter than the raw indigo. I have skinny legs and in my TTS they were women’s jeans. So glad I took the size up. They’d fit exactly as you want them too. They’ll also mold to your body.

I own the LA sweats in washed black. I’m 5’11” about 148 lbs, take a 29 in cast 2, got size M. They’re ok. Wish they were longer. All JE sweats I take size M bc size S is too cropped.

Lovemybed

Reaction score
You def should size up in the raw graphite’s. They’re much tighter than the raw indigo. I have skinny legs and in my TTS they were women’s jeans. So glad I took the size up. They’d fit exactly as you want them too. They’ll also mold to your body.

I own the LA sweats in washed black. I’m 5’11” about 148 lbs, take a 29 in cast 2, got size M. They’re ok. Wish they were longer. All JE sweats I take size M bc size S is too cropped.

Size L would be too big for you I'm assuming?

Edeezus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How has the elastic cuff held up for the people who have owned the LA sweats for a little while? I am on the fence about grabbing these
Hasn’t held up as well. The LA does stretch out and gives it a little bit more baggier fit as you wear it more. Especially in the waistband. The sweats will be tight at first but everything loosens up. I pretty much lived in these from BF up until February. I ended up moving on to a diff same style sweats.

I would recommend going your Esco size in these.

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As much as I wanted to grab LA sweats I went for raw indigo joints from nordy.

Might still kop LAs ?

JR918

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here’s a quick update on my pair of canyons after their first wash. I really like the colour a lot more overall now cause it’s less vibrant and dark, so honestly that’s a really good development. Overall i’m happy, but really sad cause i ripped my washed graphites.. ??

cold machine wash or hand wash?

shaidripp

Reaction score
WHOA did the John Elliott website sale just add LA Sweatpants? I swear that wasn't there before, at least not in washed black.
I wasn't planning on getting anymore items for awhile but just pulled the trigger on the last M washed black LA sweats..

CARTER AGVENT

Reaction score
I went tts. my hips and legs are bigger from lifting so for me, the sweats are more fitted than relaxed. thinking about picking up oak in a size up for a looser fit. it's one of my favorite JE colors, right next to alpine (@MIKE_JE any plans to bring alpine back? wouldn't mind picking up a raglan crew/uni tee)

anyway, decided to throw la sweats on today with vintage crew.

What size are you wearing here? and what are your dimensions? Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads