• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
^ Surprised at this cynicism on a sale restock...There’s not strategy to hold back colors. This particular fabric is not developed in heather grey.

Lovemybed

Reaction score
^ Surprised at this cynicism on a sale restock...There’s not strategy to hold back colors. This particular fabric is not developed in heather grey.

What's the difference between the loose stitch and LA sweatpants? They look similar and I like both. Not sure which one to get.

CARTEL777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do you size the same in LA Sweats as you do Escobar’s and Sochi’s? @MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Do you size the same in LA Sweats as you do Escobar’s and Sochi’s? @MIKE_JE

Similar to what @srizvi722 said, I personally have them is small whereas the other two you mentioned I wear medium. I could 100% wear a medium in them and they would not be overly baggy, I just like the heavier fabric a bit slimmer. It’s personal preference.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What's the difference between the loose stitch and LA sweatpants? They look similar and I like both. Not sure which one to get.

Fabric and stitch details.The LA Sweatpants are substantially heavier weight.

iamfudge

Reaction score
I went tts. my hips and legs are bigger from lifting so for me, the sweats are more fitted than relaxed. thinking about picking up oak in a size up for a looser fit. it's one of my favorite JE colors, right next to alpine (@MIKE_JE any plans to bring alpine back? wouldn't mind picking up a raglan crew/uni tee)

anyway, decided to throw la sweats on today with vintage crew.

Attachments

• IMG_20200329_143703_1.jpg
    IMG_20200329_143703_1.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 298

MTPromises

Reaction score
How has the elastic cuff held up for the people who have owned the LA sweats for a little while? I am on the fence about grabbing these

socaldappergent

Reaction score

No hate - more choice at better prices is always welcomed by everyone. There’s just surprisingly little light grey options in any of the sweatpants models. The light melange grey is a classic sweatpant color, it’s the “white shoe”, “light wash denim” of sweatpants colorways and it’s essentially non existent on the site (exc cashmere).

masshi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How has the elastic cuff held up for the people who have owned the LA sweats for a little while? I am on the fence about grabbing these

yeah, to echo this - do the cuffs keep their elasticity?

even after multiple wears with them hiked up to the calves?

and i remember a few people mentioning way back how the color on the la sweats would bleed (might've been for the "washed" colors only) - can anybody else comment?

Rnt

Reaction score
Here’s a quick update on my pair of canyons after their first wash. I really like the colour a lot more overall now cause it’s less vibrant and dark, so honestly that’s a really good development. Overall i’m happy, but really sad cause i ripped my washed graphites.. ??

Attachments

• C4C88229-6126-4A6C-98A9-720D7B261B08.jpeg
    C4C88229-6126-4A6C-98A9-720D7B261B08.jpeg
    143.3 KB · Views: 299

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm tempted by the LA sweats too but doesn't the weight (26 ounces!) make it cold weather (fall/winter) only? Anyone know how the fit is compared to vintage fleece and ebisus?

I'm a large in Escobar's which fits me skinny and a medium in vintage fleece which has relaxed legs without being too baggy. Would a large be baggier in the legs than medium VF? @MIKE_JE

JBad28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm tempted by the LA sweats too but doesn't the weight (26 ounces!) make it cold weather (fall/winter) only? Anyone know how the fit is compared to vintage fleece and ebisus?

I'm a large in Escobar's which fits me skinny and a medium in vintage fleece which has relaxed legs without being too baggy. Would a large be baggier in the legs than medium VF? @MIKE_JE

I’m in Florida, heavier sweats would be nice for my apartment which I set it to be like the arctic.

JBad28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here’s a quick update on my pair of canyons after their first wash. I really like the colour a lot more overall now cause it’s less vibrant and dark, so honestly that’s a really good development. Overall i’m happy, but really sad cause i ripped my washed graphites.. ??

Damn, these actually look good. Thanks for the update, my first insight into faded Canyons.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads