• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the obsidians will stretcha ton. skin tight is better - 10 wears they'll be normal tight

timofay

Reaction score
I finally found my grail Richmond jacket in both of my potential sizes - XL and XXL. Unfortunately this thing is just way too short on me. I am returning both to the eBay seller but figured I'd ask here if anyone wants either. Both are BNWT still in original plastic - $160 + shipping. Let me know!

askim35

Reaction score
the obsidians will stretcha ton. skin tight is better - 10 wears they'll be normal tight

Forreal? I hate this fit now, but at the same time i dont want to have the next size up stretch out too much. conflicted now

thuper_therious

Reaction score
Forreal? I hate this fit now, but at the same time i dont want to have the next size up stretch out too much. conflicted now
I recently got some some obsidians in my normal 32 for cast 2. I couldn’t even pull them up enough they were so tight. I sent them back ASAP. I have a hard time believing they’ll stretch out that much.

jasonladuke0311

Reaction score
I finally found my grail Richmond jacket in both of my potential sizes - XL and XXL. Unfortunately this thing is just way too short on me. I am returning both to the eBay seller but figured I'd ask here if anyone wants either. Both are BNWT still in original plastic - $160 + shipping. Let me know!

Just curious - what is your chest size? The size chart makes these look ridiculously tight but it looks really nice.

Dpsie

Reaction score
Just got my Sochi sweats in and the fit is so good. Went TTS medium. However, the cinch cord is damaged on both bottom hems. Emailed customer service but these are final sale. Hopefully they’ll honor a return. Can’t even exchange since they sold out of M. Sheesh.
4CCF3FC3-AC00-412C-931A-0225C31C72DC.jpeg

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got my Sochi sweats in and the fit is so good. Went TTS medium. However, the cinch cord is damaged on both bottom hems. Emailed customer service but these are final sale. Hopefully they’ll honor a return. Can’t even exchange since they sold out of M. Sheesh.
View attachment 1362523

Unacceptable. But they will help you on this type of thing regardless of final sale.

MichaelPatrick0

Reaction score
I’ve seen questions about raw indigo pop up from time to time and not many answers. Here is my pair after 6 months of wear and the first wash:

They have stretched in the waist about
2-2.5”. The rest has become slightly
relaxed but for the most part retains the original / intended fit. They have softened up and become incredibly comfortable. I just instinctively throw them on, only denim I ever really wear. No signs of crotch blowout, or any other holes,which is very impressive for a lightweight, stretch denim with this much wear. They have faded with high contrast combs, whiskers and stacks, which again, is impressive for stretch denim. I love them, and hope to get many more years of wear from them. Probably going to cop another pair to have on deck.
Dude you just got me so excited for my raw cast 2 to come in, was hearing so much negativity about breaking them in but these look good!

JBad28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chicago standup!!! Didn’t know U were from Chicago.

Yes sir!

Dude you just got me so excited for my raw cast 2 to come in, was hearing so much negativity about breaking them in but these look good!

Honestly there really has not been much negativity, only negativity was it being too tight going TTS. I went 1 up and they're one of my favorite and best fitting jeans, have stretched out perfectly in 20+ wears. I can say they're my go-to/beater denim.

MichaelPatrick0

Reaction score
Honestly there really has not been much negativity, only negativity was it being too tight going TTS. I went 1 up and they're one of my favorite and best fitting jeans, have stretched out perfectly in 20+ wears. I can say they're my go-to/beater denim.
[/QUOTE]
I have just always wanted to break in a pair of raw denim but your 100% cotton denim purest I cannot they are to uncomfortable plus I love je cast 2 fit stacks everything are perfect so looking froward to it!

JBad28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone with The Daze Denim, are the damn pockets tight af? I've went up a size and still have to force my hand into the pockets. Need to make 2% elastane Daze JE

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads