• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JBad28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Discussion, since JE has been losing many of your interest recently, what other brands do you follow as closely as JE, if any?

I don’t really follow any specific brands, I kind of just look everywhere and buy stuff I like. I tend to stick with Amiri and JE for denim though. So I’d be interested in possibly learning about brands I’ve never heard of.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Discussion, since JE has been losing many of your interest recently, what other brands do you follow as closely as JE, if any?

I don’t really follow any specific brands, I kind of just look everywhere and buy stuff I like. I tend to stick with Amiri and JE for denim though. So I’d be interested in possibly learning about brands I’ve never heard of.
Maybe you should try some other types of pants like “dress pants”?
I love a lot of people on here like the acne Ryder pants

JBad28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should try some other types of pants like “dress pants”?
I love a lot of people on here like the acne Ryder pants

I have “dress pants” but personally, there’s no reason for me to wear them. I’m not going anywhere that makes me want to wear dress pants, and my work uniform doesn’t require them. I’m not the type that wears them just to casually go out with the girl or friends. At least for me, there’s a time and place for them and I have them on ice when needed or when I do want to dress up. So thanks for the suggestion for the Acne Ryder pants, fortunately I have similar “dress” pants already.

And the question wasn’t for me to find new pieces to buy, it was more to generate a discussion to see what other pieces, brands, or designers the JE fam likes to keep a close eye on.

Other than @itzkoolkidkam, it doesn’t seem like many people here incorporate JE with “dress pants”. At least they don’t post or talk about it.

Last edited:

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have “dress pants” but personally, there’s no reason for me to wear them. I’m not going anywhere that makes me want to wear dress pants, and my work uniform doesn’t require them. I’m not the type that wears them just to casually go out with the girl or friends. At least for me, there’s a time and place for them and I have them on ice when needed or when I do want to dress up. So thanks for the suggestion for the Acne Ryder pants, fortunately I have similar “dress” pants already.

And the question wasn’t for me to find new pieces to buy, it was more to generate a discussion to see what other pieces, brands, or designers the JE fam likes to keep a close eye on.

Other than @itzkoolkidkam, it doesn’t seem like many people here incorporate JE with “dress pants”. At least they don’t post or talk about it.
You should buy some “dress pants”. I wear them all the time. Cropped dress pants look great with JE/amiri and sneakers.

there’s a billion examples on my IG

JBad28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You should buy some “dress pants”. I wear them all the time. Cropped dress pants look great with JE/amiri and sneakers.

Nice fits but again, no need to buy dress pants, already acquired. A past pic for example.

F00BC68F-F249-44FD-B28F-9267C55E2214.jpeg

Rjb5183

Reaction score

I love Outlier stuff also. The Strongdarts are my favorite but the Slim and Strong dungarees are also great, versatile pants that can be dressed up or down easily.

JBad28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love Outlier stuff also. The Strongdarts are my favorite but the Slim and Strong dungarees are also great, versatile pants that can be dressed up or down easily.

Yup, have a pair of strong dungarees and my favorite shorts ever, Outlier New Ways.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been meaning to try Outlier. For a tapered cropped summer no sock vibe, are Futuredarts the way to go?

JBad28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been meaning to try Outlier. For a tapered cropped summer no sock vibe, are Futuredarts the way to go?

If you have hot summers I’d say go with futuredarts. Same cut as strongdarts but lightweight.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads