• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Titothejawnman

Reaction score
you guys talking about the Mr P Exclusive thumper?
yes. Are you short and skinny? If you are, I feel like you should go with an XS.

There’s a height element when it comes to JE sizing.

if it doesn’t work out, try the S. Mr porter has good return policy

nekromantik

Reaction score
yes. Are you short and skinny? If you are, I feel like you should go with an XS.

There’s a height element when it comes to JE sizing.

if it doesn’t work out, try the S. Mr porter has good return policy

I am short and skinny.
Mr P dont stock XS. :(

nekromantik

Reaction score
Ahhh, well try the S. Return if it doesnt work out. They're both really good looking. Worth a shot!

well if they say size up one then xs would be s.
so may just try it. comparing the measurements on mr p it seems similar to my nudie slim jacket which is good fit but cant close buttons on a small size haha Only area I am unsure is shoulders and chest as they seem to be missing or incorrect. Showing 107cm chest on size small compared with 53cm chest on Small on standard thumper 3 on JE website.

JBad28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like staying tts in the Lucky tee would be similar to a size down in basalt when comparing the measurement charts. Basalt on the left.

According to those measurements the sleeve is .8” longer, that’s pretty significant.

nick227

Reaction score
well if they say size up one then xs would be s.
so may just try it. comparing the measurements on mr p it seems similar to my nudie slim jacket which is good fit but cant close buttons on a small size haha Only area I am unsure is shoulders and chest as they seem to be missing or incorrect. Showing 107cm chest on size small compared with 53cm chest on Small on standard thumper 3 on JE website.

The chest measurement is 1/2 lol. 53cm = 106cm total so they're pretty consistent!

wooha

Reaction score
I was in the market for a top coat a couple weeks back, and ended up trying the Kith Royce Wool Overcoat. The construction and quality are $$$, but the shoulders are a bit too squared. I'm looking for something like ALD's with a dropped/relaxed shoulder. View attachment 1330637

Saturday NYC's Kawano is an alternative but I'm all ears for more suggestions. Thanks y'all
View attachment 1330639
Check out AMI Alexandre Mattiussi. Lots of drapey and oversized topcoats.

nekromantik

Reaction score
The chest measurement is 1/2 lol. 53cm = 106cm total so they're pretty consistent!

oh haha
Well that makes less sense then. If its small to size then Size small in that should be less then 53cm as thats standard thumper size small.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
De Bonne Facture coats. Document Robe coat. Etc.

nick227

Reaction score
oh haha
Well that makes less sense then. If its small to size then Size small in that should be less then 53cm as thats standard thumper size small.

The Mr.P comments are off, I wouldn't really take them to heart. Take a look at the Common Projects product pages - half of them say that they run small to size and to size up (which nobody does for CPs)

When they say small to size or large to size, they mean to a standard size small for ALL brands (like an average), not to the standard thumper. They're not that detailed to compare to every product to other variations from the same brand.

chris_rosario

Reaction score
All JE
9709B6B6-2249-4D93-BFDC-B4EA651136E1.jpeg

nekromantik

Reaction score
The Mr.P comments are off, I wouldn't really take them to heart. Take a look at the Common Projects product pages - half of them say that they run small to size and to size up (which nobody does for CPs)

When they say small to size or large to size, they mean to a standard size small for ALL brands (like an average), not to the standard thumper. They're not that detailed to compare to every product to other variations from the same brand.

Ah ok
I recently returned 3 items in the sales haha so dont want to keep doing it in case they stop letting me return things like it says in the terms.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads