• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JBad28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2nd fit of the day :slayer:Gasparilla / Chinese New Year night fit, got my pirate boots on!

Raw Indigo (I’m gonna wear these babies as much as possible, I want fadessss)

52CF274D-CC1A-4878-BE35-B38BB6477FFE.jpeg

97laxlude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2nd fit of the day :slayer:Gasparilla / Chinese New Year night fit, got my pirate boots on!

Raw Indigo (I’m gonna wear these babies as much as possible, I want fadessss)

View attachment 1324313
ID on shirt and how’d you size?

Part of the reason why I like JE is it gets me trying things I normally wouldn’t. The Poppy shirt has me hunting for shirts like it to switch things up.

JBad28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ID on shirt and how’d you size?

Part of the reason why I like JE is it gets me trying things I normally wouldn’t. The Poppy shirt has me hunting for shirts like it to switch things up.
Haha was waiting for someone to ask... Target Goodfellow & Co for $20 and I went TTS.

Surpisingly it fits amazingly well and feels great!

Lovemybed

Reaction score
Haha was waiting for someone to ask... Target Goodfellow & Co for $20 and I went TTS.

What's the difference between a shirt like this and a JE Bowling shirt. What makes the JE piece 100-200x more valuable?

JBad28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the difference between a shirt like this and a JE Bowling shirt. What makes the JE piece 100-200x more valuable?

I’ve never owned a JE Bowling Shirt but I know the main difference is the material. This is made from Rayon while JE is made from Tencel, which I believe is more eco friendly. Also, JE is more limited and probably better quality? Idk about comfort and fit.

nekromantik

Reaction score
I’ve never owned a JE Bowling Shirt but I know the main difference is the material. This is made from Rayon while JE is made from Tencel, which I believe is more eco friendly. Also, JE is more limited and probably better quality? Idk about comfort and fit.
Yeah Tencel is considered more "premium" fabric.
I love the 50% tencel SLP flannels. After Hedi left they went to 10% tencel which sucks!

JBad28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah Tencel is considered more "premium" fabric.
I love the 50% tencel SLP flannels. After Hedi left they went to 10% tencel which sucks!

I’ll have to go to Nordstrom or similar one day and tryout a shirt with Tencel and see if it truly does feel much better on the skin.

Honestly though, in the end for me all that matters is if I like the pattern and if it fits well. If it’s $20 GREAT! But sometimes it is $200+ because of the specific pattern.

97laxlude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I love cheap sh!t, I don’t have to sweat over it getting messed up.
One of my favorite jackets is a really lightweight olive bomber from Zara.
With my JE stadium being made of gabardine wool I worry about it snagging or prematurely wearing at the elbows. Doesn’t stop me from wearing it but I still have that anxiety in the back of my head.

JBad28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love cheap sh!t, I don’t have to sweat over it getting messed up.
One of my favorite jackets is a really lightweight olive bomber from Zara.
With my JE stadium being made of gabardine wool I worry about it snagging or prematurely wearing at the elbows. Doesn’t stop me from wearing it but I still have that anxiety in the back of my head.

100% agree and know how you feel ?

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Tencel is a form of Rayon. Rayon is a family of semi-synthetic fibers derived from breaking down cellulose (of plant walls). Tencel is a proprietary term for lyocell belonging to the Lenzing Corporation (like MicroModal). You're right in it being more eco friendly. Lenzing boasts that it is carbon neutral as the catalyst they use to break down the cellulose is captured and then reused.

Lovemybed

Reaction score
How are ebisu sweats? Had the vintage fleece sweats and were super disappointed in them. Curious about the ebisu.

Thanks

Also, what's the cheapest you guys have gotten new JE denim for?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics