• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm indifferent on the lookbook too. Some of the fits weren't bad but with the way they styles it, the models would never be able to zip up the jacket. It's too slim.

MMcFly

Reaction score
If anyone is looking for an alternative to the descente I got the Patagonia Jackson Glacier and it's pretty solid.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@tricky Do the sweats have back pockets? Haven't found any photos of the back, but it doesn't look like they do...

I'm 95% sure they don't.

Pigment dye olives are restocking soon. Shoot Jarod an email...he's super friendly and responsive.

97laxlude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm indifferent on the lookbook too. Some of the fits weren't bad but with the way they styles it, the models would never be able to zip up the jacket. It's too slim.
Most of my favorite "fitting" jackets are ones that are tight when zipped/buttoned up but I never wear them that way. I always wear them opened. They're typically jackets that are more casual in look. Stuff like thumpers, riders, varsity, etc. Those all make you look up tight and awkward when fully zipped/buttoned. At least that's how I feel when I do it.
Only heavy outerwear do I worry about a comfortable zip/button up.

These were the only looks that interest me from the lookbook:
1A915FA0-42AC-43A9-8E6E-3E1325D8CE20.png 24744E58-E721-4E83-AC57-645D42C08E6F.png 36960519-CB11-4C4E-9A88-02E3FB3D1783.png CEE62D4B-BBC0-4BF7-A0FB-2BBDC211A8E6.png

Maybe because they were the simpler looks?
I only see myself grabbing the thumper though.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Rhude :confused2: rheplica rhehash (but it ain't Margiela though)

iamfudge

Reaction score
can someone give me a review on the coated black jeans. I purchased the last 36 from Mr. Porter

Here’s some pics because @j023 f*cked up, circa 2014-2016 fit
View attachment 1232469 View attachment 1232471

Anyway here’s my review:

Material: Like said before, the material is very stretchy, just like the carbons. If I had to guess these are probably the same material just double waxed. They have a lot of give, and seem to have a lot of stretch. They are very comfortable out of the box, they are similar to amiri in that respect.

Regarding the waxing process: the SLP joints are waxed only once and likely the material goes through the process BEFORE it’s cut and sewn, this results in a very consistent wax appearance. Re: the JE, it’s double waxed, the second application is performed after the jeans are made. The issue with this is that the second coat is very inconsistent. I’m assuming it’s done by hand, which causes it to have areas with heavier applications and the occasional drip and splatter. There are also areas where the heat application was applied to long resulting in outlines of the pockets, seams, etc (very similar to using too high of a setting on your iron while ironing a colored cotton shirt). The size 30 pair definitely has a heavier coat, resulting in a shinier appearance compared to the 29s I received.

Luster: comparing the SLP to the JE, the SLP definitely has more of a shine to it. It is very apparent when they are next to each other. The JE has a more matte finish, which I assume will patina over time. The JE looks more dull in comparison, in light you do get a little shine, especially where the heat application may have been hotter. It almost at times looks like glitter in the sun, where as the SLP gives off more of a true overall shiny appearance in the sun. These pics are for @Lane and his complaining @ass

Edit//re: 3D whiskers: the SLP has baked in creases that are very apparent. Per the JE website, the JE does as well, honestly if they do, my pairs lost them in the process. I didn’t really see any 3D whiskers, they look like a flat black pair of denim. I imagine with some wear the wax will hold some whiskers.

Fit: I got both a 29 (my tts) and a 30. My initial thought was damn the 29 is tight, but they stretched quite a bit after just putting them on, these will definitely stretch like carbons. The 30s actually fit similar in the calf and ankles but had a little more room in the thigh and definitely too much took in the crotch and waist. If you like a little looser look I’d size up, but be weary that you’ll likely have to wear a belt. Honestly I’d just stick to tts (or your carbon size). They are black so they shouldn’t look bad if they are initially tight.

Upkeep: these things are going to get linty AF. I placed them on a (dusty) table to take a pic and when I picked them up they were pretty dusty. Thankfully the dust came off pretty easily. I probably would never wash these, spot clean if needed, but otherwise I would not f*ck with them, and I wouldn’t throw them in the dryer at all.

TL;DR: based on looks SLP is still the grail, these are a very close 2nd. From a comfort perspective these blow anything out of the water. If you don’t have anything like this, want some #fashionpants, or want to live circa 2014, pick these up.

BUY THESE BEFORE IT’S TOO LATE!!!

PS have a good Labor Day ✌?

probably the best review you'll find.

Lovemybed

Reaction score
How do you guys store your more expensive/precious knitted pieces (an example could be a hoodie or sweater)? Do you fold them or hang them up? Does hanging certain JE pieces cause those dreaded shoulder bumps?

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you guys store your more expensive/precious knitted pieces (an example could be a hoodie or sweater)? Do you fold them or hang them up? Does hanging certain JE pieces cause those dreaded shoulder bumps?
Fold knits

pretty much everything is folded other than outerwear and flannels

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is a damn good timeless fit!

Lovemybed

Reaction score
Fold knits

pretty much everything is folded other than outerwear and flannels

Makes sense. I have a lot of closet space, but not too many cabinets/drawers lol. Also have to bust out the iron each time I unfold an article of clothing, which can get annoying

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads