• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That black fleece is cool, but yea, grown man ish is what I need more of. I always struggle to put together something I'm actually excited to wear when it's time to be an adult and go to a fancy dinner or a wedding, etc. There's some stuff from Virgil's LV run that I'm actually really into that fits what I want in formal wear but that price tag just scares me away. I want grown man clothes that still have an edge to them, and most of the time JE comes with a handful of pieces like that for F/W, so I'm just disappointed I'm not seeing anything like that so far.

I have the same dilemma myself. At 37, I’m getting too old for some of the stuff I like. Even casual clothes I only need so much of it as I only wear it when I’m not working and with kids I only have a limited number of places to go. I can wear more grown up stuff to work if I can pull it off as business casual.

marcus-chi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One word RHUDE. Rhuigi’s evolution was huge on the upcoming collection.

It’s crazy to see the evolution of some of these “street wear” brands. Rhude, amiri, off-white. I was very surprised by off-white, and actually didn’t hate it. Virgil did a great job of evolving off-white. It’s cool to see all these brands go from their infancy into adulthood. Like us, we aren’t kids anymore, nor should we be dressing like it.
Anyway this pic from rhude was ?
View attachment 1323491

these amiri fits were ?
View attachment 1323492 View attachment 1323493 View attachment 1323494 View attachment 1323495 View attachment 1323496

that’s what I’m talking about for sure. I’ll be keeping an eye on all this stuff when it starts dropping. Rhude especially. I liked a lot of pieces in there, and the styling is moving more in the direction I’m trying to go in.

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
green jacket looks like anything you can buy from theory or any number of upscale brands

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still find myself sticking mostly to JE basics of denim, tees and hoodies which I think he still nails at the price point...particularly the denim. I find some ALD is a nice compliment but still haven't gone down the road of FoG, Rhude etc.

barrettdudley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
those who find JE jeans too long do you prefer to turn them up or get hemmed and loose the effect of the original distressing?
This discussion has been beat to death, because you’re a new member I’ll cut you some slack...
If you are short and have a lot of excess fabric at the hem, you’re better off getting the pants hemmed, if you like the distress and rope effect then ask your tailor to attach the original hem. If you’re tall/have long legs and you just have a few inches of excess length and can roll/cuff go for it. But if you’re going for a clean/smart vibe, you’re better off getting them hemmed.

Don't have the original hem re-attached though, it's a bad idea: https://williamsburggarment.com/blog/avoid-original-hem-alterations/

Thanks
Yeah will get it hemmed but some people prefer chain stitching but I want to retain it so will most likely not go for that.

And I think you've said you live in UK, so Williamsburg Garment or Railcar might not work for you, but when I want to hem jeans with a chain stitch, I send them off to a place that specializes in chain stitching to do the alteration. Looks like Denim Doctor or Son of a Stag are London based spots that offer the service.

barrettdudley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyway this pic from rhude was ?
View attachment 1323491

I'm getting too much "formal waiter" from this fit man.
neil-allyn-mens-white-eton-jacket_1_540x540@2x.jpg

lzd325

Reaction score
can someone give me a review on the coated black jeans. I purchased the last 36 from Mr. Porter

marcus-chi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still find myself sticking mostly to JE basics of denim, tees and hoodies which I think he still nails at the price point...particularly the denim. I find some ALD is a nice compliment but still haven't gone down the road of FoG, Rhude etc.

FOG is just another more expensive version of I'm going somewhere like a basketball game, the movies, or out in the day wit friends. ALD though, at that lower price point nails it for me cause they do sweats and casual stuff but then give you stuff that if you switch out sneakers for a clean boot or something you can now go to dinner and not look to uptight and stuffy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads