• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Titothejawnman

Reaction score
can We get some more discussion on this lookbook?
I personally love the look book. It’s new, interesting stuff. Suede escobars! Distressed sweats (personally think that’s cool), the raw thumper with the zipper, the green tactical flight jacket are some standpoints to me.

I like how the clothes are actually sized correctly as opposed to the OS fits on their website.

I think the backgrounds are cool too. I feel like it’s a norm-core type of vibe—which is very now. I don’t know why the head and shoes are cropped, but that’s ok.

I’ve grown to like when JE’s stuff has more personality. This look book feels like “fashion.” Yes, it borrows from other brands, but does it through its own lens—and the brands fits are usually why I cop anyway

I give the look book an 8.5/10.

Titothejawnman

Reaction score
The look book is very much in this style, which I like...an artist I met a long the way:

white collar

Reaction score

iSpy a cool looking washed thermal, & serveral nice looking leather jackets. The shorts that I think are designed after a rainbow trout are sick, I will buy if they have a water short style, don’t think I’d ever wear the practice short style. Overall my wallet looks pretty safe.

marcus-chi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm not sure what I wanted/expected out of JE moving forward. On one hand it feels like he's doing the same thing he's always done by exploring some theme that means something to him and exploring dye and wash techniques, etc. On the other hand it also feels like he's moving more and more in a direction opposite of what my wardrobe needs or what my taste are. This FW season he seems to have embraced his slouchy casual side way more, so we're getting basically all sweatpant styles, a lot of hoodies, and just a bunch of other stuff I feel like it would be hard to be somewhat serious in. In year's past JE focused on having pieces I felt were more versatile and I liked that. Also, the styling this time around not really inspiring any moves forward in how I personally wanna dress. I could go on and on, but I'm still interested to see what stuff is there once you start breaking down into all the pieces.

Only 3 pieces I'm into right now; the shorts, and then the hoody zip cardi combo.

Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 9.53.37 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 9.57.00 PM.png

Last edited:

nekromantik

Reaction score
those who find JE jeans too long do you prefer to turn them up or get hemmed and loose the effect of the original distressing?

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what I wanted/expected out of JE moving forward. On one hand it feels like he's doing the same thing he's always done by exploring some theme that means something to him and exploring dye and wash techniques, etc. On the other hand it also feels like he's moving more and more in a direction opposite of what my wardrobe needs or what my taste are. This FW season he seems to have embraced his slouchy casual side way more, so we're getting basically all sweatpant styles, a lot of hoodies, and just a bunch of other stuff I feel like it would be hard to be somewhat serious in. In year's past JE focused on having pieces I felt were more versatile and I liked that. Also, the styling this time around not really inspiring any moves forward in how I personally wanna dress. I could go on and on, but I'm still interested to see what stuff is there once you start breaking down into all the pieces.

Only 3 pieces I'm into right now; the shorts, and then the hoody zip cardi combo.

View attachment 1323334 View attachment 1323335
Yeah I fell you. FW is usually my jam, but this came off as more of a SS collection. I was hoping to see more heavy outerwear and more heavy knits. The cashmere stuff is my favorite, I hope by the time this stuff drops we’ll get some more knitting. Currently, i have too many sweats, im always looking for “grown man” ish. There were a few outerwear pieces that caught my eye though.

C5E93226-8B0D-4CEB-9BE5-ADC2191A7152.jpeg
11F713B9-0B4A-4A3C-A0EF-E647D36561C3.jpeg
46213E90-DFBB-4C0F-9455-9A0828737024.jpeg

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
those who find JE jeans too long do you prefer to turn them up or get hemmed and loose the effect of the original distressing?
This discussion has been beat to death, because you’re a new member I’ll cut you some slack...
If you are short and have a lot of excess fabric at the hem, you’re better off getting the pants hemmed, if you like the distress and rope effect then ask your tailor to attach the original hem. If you’re tall/have long legs and you just have a few inches of excess length and can roll/cuff go for it. But if you’re going for a clean/smart vibe, you’re better off getting them hemmed.

marcus-chi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I fell you. FW is usually my jam, but this came off as more of a SS collection. I was hoping to see more heavy outerwear and more heavy knits. The cashmere stuff is my favorite, I hope by the time this stuff drops we’ll get some more knitting. Currently, i have too many sweats, im always looking for “grown man” ish. There were a few outerwear pieces that caught my eye though.

That black fleece is cool, but yea, grown man ish is what I need more of. I always struggle to put together something I'm actually excited to wear when it's time to be an adult and go to a fancy dinner or a wedding, etc. There's some stuff from Virgil's LV run that I'm actually really into that fits what I want in formal wear but that price tag just scares me away. I want grown man clothes that still have an edge to them, and most of the time JE comes with a handful of pieces like that for F/W, so I'm just disappointed I'm not seeing anything like that so far.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That black fleece is cool, but yea, grown man ish is what I need more of. I always struggle to put together something I'm actually excited to wear when it's time to be an adult and go to a fancy dinner or a wedding, etc. There's some stuff from Virgil's LV run that I'm actually really into that fits what I want in formal wear but that price tag just scares me away. I want grown man clothes that still have an edge to them, and most of the time JE comes with a handful of pieces like that for F/W, so I'm just disappointed I'm not seeing anything like that so far.
One word RHUDE. Rhuigi’s evolution was huge on the upcoming collection.

It’s crazy to see the evolution of some of these “street wear” brands. Rhude, amiri, off-white. I was very surprised by off-white, and actually didn’t hate it. Virgil did a great job of evolving off-white. It’s cool to see all these brands go from their infancy into adulthood. Like us, we aren’t kids anymore, nor should we be dressing like it.
Anyway this pic from rhude was ?
03310BDB-9302-42E9-8056-1F4DF0AB7C5E.png

these amiri fits were ?
E3888B0B-6E18-443F-A1C3-A167A15AD5E8.png
7428F512-4B4F-484D-9374-CFAF045581C6.png
197D702C-43F3-4255-8521-F6C05972BB1B.png
8F35A1B7-2F3E-4880-BA87-56C79615C367.png
169327D3-E535-457D-8E5B-1223C3AD92A5.png

Last edited:

capooo

Reaction score
Don’t see a lot of denim incorporated into the look book. For me at the moment most of my JE is for off-hours fits, ball shorts, sweats, tees, etc. Would be nice to incorporate some pieces into my office wardrobe (which is quite casual), but not seeing much that I can from this collection.

FezzyD

Reaction score
I'm 5'7" and i don't have them hemmed as I love the stacks. I just make sure they look neat and tidy when i put them on. Each to their own though, some would say someone my height should get them taken up, wear them whichever way makes you feel good!

That being said I am considering having my sour skittles shortened as there seems to be a lot on this pair for some reason...

nekromantik

Reaction score
This discussion has been beat to death, because you’re a new member I’ll cut you some slack...
If you are short and have a lot of excess fabric at the hem, you’re better off getting the pants hemmed, if you like the distress and rope effect then ask your tailor to attach the original hem. If you’re tall/have long legs and you just have a few inches of excess length and can roll/cuff go for it. But if you’re going for a clean/smart vibe, you’re better off getting them hemmed.
Thanks
Yeah will get it hemmed but some people prefer chain stitching but I want to retain it so will most likely not go for that.

I'm 5'7" and i don't have them hemmed as I love the stacks. I just make sure they look neat and tidy when i put them on. Each to their own though, some would say someone my height should get them taken up, wear them whichever way makes you feel good!

That being said I am considering having my sour skittles shortened as there seems to be a lot on this pair for some reason...

Yeah Im 5 ft 6ish so shorter then you even ha

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads