• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yoshi

Reaction score
Last edited:

OnTheMoon

Reaction score

jasonladuke0311

Reaction score

due_dilla

Reaction score
Can only find size 1 sadly.
I don't have any thick hoodies like JE villain. Mine are mostly cashmere zipper ones or zipper cardigans.

you will be fine... it’s just preference.

I prefer XL in most JE outerwear. Like the most recent run of iridescent bombers. That said I have some OG Bogotá bombers and the kempy wool over coat in L (size 3). The Kempy fits, I could wear a thick sweatshirt underneath, it will just be very snug. I could likely still button it, but if I tried to cross my arms, it would be very tight/snug around my shoulders.

barrettdudley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm wishing more and more by the week that JE would just do 2-3 big drops per season that had 10-15 items instead of the 2-3 individual product drops every other day.

Was talking with @nsubrmnn about this just last week. The 3-6 pieces at a time drop schedule has become incredibly aggravating. Makes it really hard to put together the whole collection in your mind, and it feels like nothing substantial is ever released, just a bunch of tiny capsules. I wish they would rethink this model.

sogood

Reaction score
If you want slim top coat. Go for A.P.C or Sandro for an affordable price and good quality. (Around $1k). Acne overcoats are usually oversized fit, not slim. AMI was oversized this season also.

high end overcoats can cost close to $2k or more. If you buy them from companies that make suits. BR overcoats are crap. Never bought COS. Overcoats from JE are not going to be slim top coats that look tailored. They fit with the general style of the brand.

I’m far from an overcoat expert, but I have a camel one from Banana Republic that gets the job done for me — definitely wouldn’t call it crap since you can routinely get their stuff for 50%+ off.

marcus-chi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was talking with @nsubrmnn about this just last week. The 3-6 pieces at a time drop schedule has become incredibly aggravating. Makes it really hard to put together the whole collection in your mind, and it feels like nothing substantial is ever released, just a bunch of tiny capsules. I wish they would rethink this model.

Agreed. The impact of all these small capsules has dropped off considerably imo especially now that it's taboo to follow the drop model. I would much rather be able to get a feel for the season by seeing a larger group of everything at once.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads