• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The villian crew or 'boat' is good money if you know what your doing. But if you expect the clothes to dress u then it isn't.
What are you talking about? The fit is **** on me. If it works for you then awesome but sometimes things just don't work out, and this is one of those things in my case.

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know it's never recommended and hang-drying is the way to go, but has anyone tried putting the tees in the dryer? And if so how'd they come out? I find the shirts pretty long and wouldn't mind trying to shrink them a little, but I know they're a blend and the collar can get wrinkled sometimes.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Damn. My villain crew was finally delivered and it's horrible.
I don't like being the negative dude but if it leads to a better product then it's worth it.
The wide/boat neck is weird, sleeves are too short and the wide neck pulls the shoulders out and just makes it sit really weird. Yeah and the quilting on the yoke already had several loose threads straight out of the bag. Easiest decision to return something I've ever had.
It sucks cos I love my villain hoody, but this thing is just terrible.
On the plus side the fabric is really nice and definitely a little lighter than the hoody.

EDIT: If I try and make an exchange (dual zip flash) and the product is no longer in stock by the time my return arrives, do I just have to wait for a restock or do I just get store credit instead?

How was the fit compared to the villian? Same size or size down recommendation?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How was the fit compared to the villian? Same size or size down recommendation?
It seems about the same as the hoody except for sleeves. I don't know what it is but the sleeves are 1-2" shorter than my villain hoody.

smokinginja

Reaction score
all this negative feedback i hope he doesnt cancel shopping online. i love john elliott and co. everything i order has been spot on.
smile.gif

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
all this negative feedback i hope he doesnt cancel shopping online. i love john elliott and co. everything i order has been spot on.
smile.gif
It's a new brand. The more feedback the better, it will only help them understand wants and needs better.
All of this said I own 7 pieces from J+E and the crewneck was the 8th. All of the other pieces i LOVE it was just the crew I was than less pleased with, and like I said, sometimes things just don't work out. 7/8 is a pretty good track record.

whitetrav

Reaction score
Damn. My villain crew was finally delivered and it's horrible.
I don't like being the negative dude but if it leads to a better product then it's worth it.
The wide/boat neck is weird, sleeves are too short and the wide neck pulls the shoulders out and just makes it sit really weird. Yeah and the quilting on the yoke already had several loose threads straight out of the bag. Easiest decision to return something I've ever had.
It sucks cos I love my villain hoody, but this thing is just terrible.
On the plus side the fabric is really nice and definitely a little lighter than the hoody.

EDIT: If I try and make an exchange (dual zip flash) and the product is no longer in stock by the time my return arrives, do I just have to wait for a restock or do I just get store credit instead?
Thank god it wasn't just me. I own a hoody already so I was expecting it to fit just like that. Looks so weird. Exactly how you described.

aaronj15

Reaction score
does anyone own both the older U-necks and the newer version? are they cut the same and is the neck shaped the same as well?

kennysp

Reaction score
Can anyone can compare the Riga half zip hoodie to a Uniqlo hoodie? I have a uniqlo in a L should I stick to a L for the Riga or Villain?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thank god it wasn't just me. I own a hoody already so I was expecting it to fit just like that. Looks so weird. Exactly how you described.
Glad it's not just me over reacting then.
Now I just don't know whether I should exchange for the dual zip flash or wait for the track/bomber jacket.

whitetrav

Reaction score
From the email I got they only do exchanges for another size. So you would have to do a return.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just got through the last couple of pages and our apologies on any problems. As always, when you order from us you can expect that we stand behind our product and will accept returns or exchanges within our terms & conditions.

The Villain Crew has worked out for a ton of people, but we hear you and are working on an adjusted fit for future drops.

As for an update on future drops, we will be re-releasing the non-quilted Escobars, and Hooded Villains in Black, Grey, and White in the month of March.

For those looking forward to the shorts & non-quilted Lima Sweats, those will be dropping as soon as next week, as will as a restock on Mercer Tanks & Classic Crews.

Thanks for all of your continued support!

Last edited:

dustinr

Reaction score
Will there be a restock of the quilted black escobar's anytime in the near future (like next two weeks or so)? I really want a pair, but would prefer the black to the grey. If not, i'll just order the grey.

I'm also worried about fit, i'm 6 feet tall and around 175 pounds. Thinking of a large but worried they might run at touch big.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads