1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. wangetim

wangetim Member

looking for the old escobar's without quilting in size small. if you know anywhere still in stock please lemme know !

2. ItsJustDifferen

ItsJustDifferen Well-Known Member

Went with a large on both. My true size would be medium (5'11 170 lbs)

3. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Distinguished Member

Size up hoody, TTS pullover, TTS t shirts

4. jstrath406

jstrath406 Senior Member

Looks like Usher is wearing the quilted bomber on the Today Show right now haha

5. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Distinguished Member Affiliate Vendor

If you don't find them, we are bringing back Escobars without quilting in March!

6. MIKE_JE

Thanks for pointing that out, that is the Quilted Bomber.

7. Shaun Robbins

Shaun Robbins Active Member

anyone know when the mercers are coming back in stock, or what stores have them?

8. malcolm4819

malcolm4819 Senior Member

Any comments on the wide neck crew villains?

9. MIKE_JE

For Spring Summer we wanted to open the neck a bit to layer with the Mercer Tank and Curve U-Neck. For Fall you can expect closer to a classic crew silhouette.

10. Bash Tian

Bash Tian Senior Member

has anyone experienced any sizing difference between riga and villain hoodies?

11. malcolm4819

malcolm4819 Senior Member

Will the fall version still have the quilted panel?

12. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Distinguished Member

Does that mean the product shots online are of the Fall/Winter version?

13. sussi

sussi Senior Member

good to know! :)

14. jstrath406

jstrath406 Senior Member

Awesome. Does that mean the gray/gray colorway will be making a return?

15. gettoasty

gettoasty Stylish Dinosaur

John Elliot + Co Denim Review

• Wash: The Cast in Coated Drake
    • Size: 33

http://shop.johnelliott.co/collections/denim/products/the-cast-coated-drake

I recently picked these denim up because they looked to be a nice gray wash, a staple for my wardrobe.

Due to the weather and ordering from NYC, it took a while to get shipped but today they finally arrived. The whole time during the wait I kept doubting the way I sized these as from other members it looked like people sized down or stayed TTS. I actually went up in tagged size albeit the provided measurements and ordered a size 33.

Trying them on these are definitely cut on a slimmer pattern for jeans, which is nice and I can appreciate but probably A) Cannot wear or B) Need to size up 1 more

I am 5'9 and 150 - 155 lbs. These particular jeans are very slim in the seat area, and hug my thighs.

The good:

1. At first I was a bit turned off by how light weight the denim is (or material of the trousers). Then it really started growing on me as I do prefer more of a light weight bottom than previous predecessors i.e. raw denim. The lighter fabric allows the denim to drape nicely and stack well at the hem. I didn't bother trying them on with shoes but I can imagine pretty well that the taper combined with the inseam length and fabric would allow for optimal stacking.
    2. The wash or treatment of the trouser is great. It feels like a dirty kitchen table without the stickiness, but has enough feel in the texture to remind you of sandpaper. Just a nice overall texture when you touch it. I would not say the color is gray as it looks online but more of a dirty mint color probably due to the underside weave, which is a nice green color. Imagine camo and parkas
    3. I was never really a fan of button fly closures but given the slimness and lower rise, the button fly is great complement to the overall silhouette i.e. though the seat is slim on me and hugs my thighs it does not oddly bunch up or pull

The bad:

1. I still think the fabric is a little light. I feel like I can tear it apart. It really is a spring-summer weight bottom FWIW. I cannot imagine someone sizing down on these and allowing the garment to stretch. I just feel like doing so would damage or even rip the fabric at the seams. Perhaps I am giving too little credit to JE + Co., so, I'll let them chime in on that i.e. how much stretch do their denim have.

I may consider sizing up. I actually ordered these pair as a measure to see how I should size in general since I am more interested in the wash seen online of the "Cast in Coast". Looks fantastic!

And if anyone knows for sure sizing up would help, please feel free to give me a PM. If anyone has a size 34 and can confirm some measurements that'd be awesome.