• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

KRSP

Reaction score
Yo! New to this thread. Been eyeing JE for a while and finally went down to American Rag to try stuff on.

First off, I am about 185lb, 5'9" and have a really thick upper body. I work out a lot and just have broad shoulders, arms and chest. I have a super hard time finding T shirts as many of the ones that fit my upper body, look like dresses down low by my waist. I normally am a size L in shirts and coats, and once in a while I fit a M (usually it's a tight fit).

I tried on all the t shirts and also a few hoodies. I ended up getting a black Mercer Tee in XL. A L was way too tight on my chest and I looked ridiculous. An XXL looked like I was a child in my dads shirt.

I also tried on a Villain Crew (they were sold out of all other hoodies) and the XL was the right fit on that too. Baggy but not TOO baggy. Loved the quality.

I will be ordering either a Villain Hoodie or Rue Hoodie - I like that front zip. Does anyone here have and like?

Only question now is how bad this shrinks. I'm scared as i never hang dry and I don't wanna ruin a $75 t shirt....do ANY of you guys wash and dry these shirts?
I would never dry a JE shirt no matter what. I have 13 different classic tees, two greys, two blacks, and basically one of each in all the drops (including the co-mix). Some are close to 2 years old, others only 5-6 months. But I always cold-wash delicate with little to no scent free Method detergent. Hang dry on a plastic drying rack. They haven't stretched out at all as some would attest to hanging t shirts. I'm just glad they have n't shrunk at all. Why chance it when I've paid close to $100 for some (the co-mixes).

KRSP

Reaction score
Need additional Kake Mock colors to release before I wear out the Sage I'm wearing almost every day.
How do you like the Sage? I'm about to pull the trigger on the Sage in a classic crew, but want to know what the color is like, and what color jeans it goes well with? Light wash, some black jeans. Lemme know. Thanks in advance.

leclutchjames

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've dried every type of material JE shirt just to see what would happen (since I have many, it wouldn't hurt) and it's honestly no big deal. I don't do it all the time of course or to every single one but I have done it to every material tee they have.

PM if u have questions regarding a specific composition and what happened ( or didn't happen)

BeraQueezy

Reaction score
I've dried every type of material JE shirt just to see what would happen (since I have many, it wouldn't hurt) and it's honestly no big deal. I don't do it all the time of course or to every single one but I have done it to every material tee they have.

PM if u have questions regarding a specific composition and what happened ( or didn't happen)
This. My shirts, hoodies, and sweats have come out fine.

Btw, sizing for OG cast coasts, is it generally that you just need to go down 1 on your normal waist size? I generally wear a 30/31 in Naked and Famous. Can I expect a 29 to fit fine?

JosephD

Reaction score
How much were the kake mock hoodies? And how should you size for the oversized fit like the models have? I wasn't watching when they initially dropped

WilliamTickles

Reaction score
$228 * haha. I also stuck with my Villain sizing for my kake (after sizing down on my boucle crew) and the fit is perfect. Probably my favorite piece yet from JE, wearing it almost daily.

adammb9

Reaction score
get on their mailing list... I've never missed out on a JE piece whatever it may be ever. Olive crew is one of my favorites and looks so good on me. The midnight tee tho, Katie Couric herself said she loved my t shirt when we met in July.

i am on the mailing list, i found one a few days ago on grailed though i bought it so fast i was pumped haha

adammb9

Reaction score
but all this talk about the Kake makes me even more upset i missed out anybody have a small they want to let go? lol

johnelliottfan

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Looks like JE has updated their photos. The DOVE LS curve tee now accurately reflects the colour of the piece which is almost like a very faded dune colour. This is completely different from the off-white plastery colour that they originally showed it as being. Link here - http://www.johnelliott.co/products/ls-classic-curve-tee-dove

Oak still looks the same as far as I can tell

Last edited:

johnelliottfan

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
By the way - I still really like the Dove colour in person. And in person I'd say it looks less duney then in the photos on the site. More in between that off-white plaster colour and a very faded dune.

The LS curve tees are dope. I may have to get one in Oak. - just checked and sold out in my size unfortunately

Also rec'd Jade villain and mercer. Jade colour looks better on the terry IMO - almost like a North Carolina Tar heel blue but a BIT darker. Still looks pretty good on the Mercer tee.

Curve tank in plaster is nice as well. They are smaller then you would think from the appearance on the site.

Last edited:

Yale doctor

Reaction score

mcnicol21

Reaction score
For those who have the Kake hoodie, how is the body length? Same as villain? It's not on the site so I can't reference the size chart.

Thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads