1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. dmill

dmill Senior member

pictures? lol :)

5 people like this.
  2. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Senior member

You gotta use your imagination

1 person likes this.
  3. NikeOG

NikeOG Senior member

It's an off white look so you'll be smooth bro. The Micas are nice af. I picked up last years/season jeans. There at the tailors. Once I get them I'll post some pics.

4. johnelliottfan

johnelliottfan Senior member

Has JE ever released a red/reddish color tee? Looking through the pages and pages of tees it seems there is a large spectrum of color missing from the repertoire. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there a sprayed tee in a red color?

5. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Burgundy is the most red they ever released along with the red flannel

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  6. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

Not red red. But FW16 has a lot of the burgundy shade

7. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

^^Wrong quote. Meant to quote other dude

8. johnelliottfan

johnelliottfan Senior member

Red tee please

9. malcolm4819

malcolm4819 Senior member

I remember reading the burgundy terry wasn't as dark as shown online. Might be worth looking into until Fall.

10. ASpec818

ASpec818 Senior member

I'm looking for some light wash denim. Can anyone comment on the softness of the Cast 2 jeans in the Coast wash? After wearing denim with stretch for years, I don't know if I can go back to non stretch.

11. Cg23

Cg23 Senior member

What was the general consensus with kitos on shorter ppl? Would the stacking better suit taller guys?

12. akjc

akjc Well-Known Member

The key to the Kitos is to some how have them stack throughout the knees and not just have them bunch up at the bottom like jeans. You'll also need to have very skinny legs to pull them off in my opinion. I'm 5'10 and hated how they looked on me.

[​IMG]
    Undesirable

[​IMG]
    More desirable.

If anyone is able to make these pants defy gravity and to stay in that position while walking, please let us know.

13. CH03

CH03 Senior member

The Coast is an awesome pair of jeans. Would highly recommend.

14. dmill

dmill Senior member

dude! thats exactly what happend to me. needless to say, i got rid of em quickly

15. gerg99

gerg99 Senior member

I've never tried em myself but I'd imagine it'd only get even worse with time and stretch... always loved the concept but just doesn't seem practical for an item that changes pretty drastically after some wear

16. datriz

datriz Well-Known Member

I had to size down in them. Once I sized down the stacks stayed 90 percent of the time, unless I was doing some crazy ass jogging or moving. I'm 5'8, 160lb. Mediums.

17. 973god

973god Senior member

We need Burgundy Mercers!

18. Cg23

Cg23 Senior member

Thanks for the feedback on the kitos guys. Yall kinda nailed it with what i was wondering on how the stacks really worked throughout the day and not just for a quick cool instagram pic. The defy gravity comment got me haha so true tho.

19. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

If your legs are skinny, get them skinny tight. You will be fine.

1 person likes this.
  20. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

In re to the kitos...that picture of them up there is just bad. a ton of sites make JE's clothing look pretty awful. I agree with all of you, but I really like the Kitos and own the olive, black and grey ones. I think it's near impossible to have it fit like it does on the models on JE's website..but on his runway, they are portrayed how they would actually look when worn in person. And that's how I wear mine. I fold the cuff upward in half and just have it stack towards the bottom. I think height is a pretty big factor on who can and can't wear these--guesstimating if you are shorter than 5'9" they would be a little harder to wear/pull off. But I pretty much love the Kitos especially worn with simple low tops
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.