1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Clint Alvin

Clint Alvin Senior member

Tencel Shirt arrived today - This pice feels amazing!!!!!

Sadly I have to send this back as the sizing just doesn't quite fit (Plaster M) my build how I would like - BUT if you contemplating picking this up, jump on it! Its quality.

Season Seven! So good.

2. dmill

dmill Senior member

just curious, what height/weight and build are you? i was thinking about getting the plaster in M so before you throw it back to JE maybe I can cop it off you if it will fit me properly..

3. Clint Alvin

I'm a tad over 6'2" and Slim, Broad Shoulders. Length is the main concern - Everywhere else is perfect! Material feels so good.
    If you want it i'll let it go for retail and shipping.

Cheers

4. TCNY

TCNY Member

Too long or too short for the length?

5. Clint Alvin

For me and size Medium. I felt it was too short - I probably needed a Large perhaps - Its such a rad piece!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  6. TCNY

TCNY Member

Im like 5 4, my shoulders around 16.5, small says 16 medium is 17, kinda wanna wear it like a oversize shirt not sure which to go for Small or Mediu.m...

7. malcolm4819

malcolm4819 Senior member

If you (or anyone) is looking for a S/S Mesh Rebel, you can have my mine. Its the white/black colorway and size 2.

I'll sell it for cheap. I've probably wore twice. It just hangs in my closets.

8. johnelliottfan

johnelliottfan Senior member

copped SS nylon pullover in navy/medium. Dope piece

9. ElJeffrey

ElJeffrey Well-Known Member

Anybody have any fit pics of the tencel button up?? The Plaster colorway is sold out so I figure somebody in here maybe copped.

10. victoorious

victoorious Senior member

haha shoot me a PM.

11. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I had it but sent it back without taking pics. The color is like any other plaster.

12. ElJeffrey

I was more curious as to opinions on the piece from somebody that actually bought it. Mind if I ask what you thought about it and why you sent it back

13. ZanderRosen

ZanderRosen Senior member

I kept both colors. This shirt has the softest hand to it. It feels great on. I'm currently wearing my olive at work right now. Might take some pictures of it later. Totally worth it, and both colors look and feel great. @Jbidwal did you take it out of the bag to feel it? I've never had a button down that fits more comfortably/well for both casual or work use.

1 person likes this.
  14. TCNY

TCNY Member

What size did u order and if you don't mind your specs?

15. johnelliottfan

johnelliottfan Senior member

nylon pullover in navy is sold out in small/medium

16. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I did take it out and try it on. The fit was nice as it wasn't too long. I'm 5-7 150 and tried the medium. The material was nice and soft but it wouldn't work for me in warm weather. It felt like it would stick to your body when it's hot out (it's a silky material). Tbh I didn't know what tencil was like so I wanted to feel it first hand. I would have kept it if it was more linen like

1 person likes this.
  17. ElJeffrey

This thread's most useful when people provide feedback after purchases. I was initially not big on the Spring jeans but after a lot of buzz in here I gave them a try and LOVE them.

Thanks for opining on the shirt! That's the kind of review I was looking for. I have one of the Yuma button ups and I've been wanting another JE button up since. I know it's a different material and piece altogether but still wanted to give it a try.

18. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

It's a silky material. Not a thin as silk but has that feel. The Yuma is my fav je shirt too

19. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Tencel is pretty great in general - not sure I'm sold on using it in that particular style, but YMMV.

20. CH03

CH03 Senior member

Co-sign on the Springs. I love them.