1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. someguyinboston

someguyinboston Member

Wait a second, Saks in boston carries JE?

2. ZanderRosen

ZanderRosen Senior member

Yeah, bought my size L Swarm. Exchanging it because first one had a big scratch under the pocket which I didn't see.

Their customer service is very so so. Lots of the salespeople are aloof, looking in the mirror at their slip-on dress shoes and ignoring people that need help. They are very insistent at reeling in the same sales associate each time you come in... It's kind of annoying in my opinion. I worked in specialty retail for almost ten years too, so I get it, but still.

1 person likes this.
  3. someguyinboston

someguyinboston Member

Thanks man, took me forever to find their JE section, but was awesome to be able to see all the fabrics and whole bunch of this Spring/Summer line in person. Still thinking about that military raincoat I saw.

4. ZanderRosen

Go to the Tannery. Same selection plus some. Better customer service as well. I had an awful time with Saks. The sales manager who was more or less the 'overseer' of the sales associates had to whip out his iPhone to call the guy that was helping me, and make a snide comment that he takes two hour lunch breaks, and that since "it's his dude" he lets it slide. Returned the Swarm jacket due to an imperfection in the leather - a white scratch, if you will. This 'manager' was pleading with my since he couldn't locate Daryl to keep my defective, almost 1K jacket. He said the repair shop in house could put water on it to fix it... Are you kidding me?! I paid all I did for the coat, Saks had no more size L through the company, so I returned it and ordered directly from JE. I even got 10% off from Saks at first, and sacrificed that. Suffice to say, I won't be back to Saks Boston... EVER. I worked retail (run specialty) for almost a decade in my young career. I have never treated anyone the way this store treated me. It took a full hour to return something I purchased the day before.

I used to work for a sneaker company that was affiliated with CNCPTS/Tannery ownership, and have been treated like a family member when shopping. It's a nice perk, and they know their shit. Allowed me to exchange my Zinc Cast's that were two sizes too big, etc. Props to my homie Rowland who hooks it up - that's my dude.

This post more or less sums up Boston streetwear shopping. Support Tannery and CNCPTS. They are legit and know how to run their businesses, respectively. Great people inside and out.

5. peezykicks

peezykicks Member

“Blue Graphite” Nike Air Max 93

6. hyyvii

hyyvii Senior member

yo JE can we get new Kakes in this season colors been living in the black one...

7. epryor

epryor Senior member

Not really about JE, but when I was in Boston last year, it seemed vice versa. Saks sales associates were decently helpful. CNCPTS employees seemed more engaged with finding music and talking amongst one another. The tannery was a joke. Marking things up 2x retail then saying they had a 50% sale....

Maybe it was just a one off experience, just my .02

8. ZanderRosen

Yeah I feel you. I've heard people say that about CNCPTS before. Subjectivity at its' finest. But yeah, still get my JE. All that matters.

In terms of sales, I'll disagree. The wool teddy jacket from last year that was $1100 retail has been 75% off in size medium for like a year. They put some nice stuff on markdown. I picked up the nicest T I own now (Helmut) sort of like a mercer type fit, at 30% off. It's all about asking, I guess.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  9. epryor

epryor Senior member

I just stumbled in one afternoon shopping and the first thing I saw was a BLK DNM leather marked 50% off. I was about to pull the trigger when I looked at the tag and saw they said the retail was $2,000 marked down to 1k. The jacket retailed at 1k[​IMG]

I won't hate the hustle, but it definitely left a bad taste in my mouth. I've heard similar things about the women's section as well. My girlfriend went to school in Boston and almost all of her friends corroborate this.

As for CNCPTS, the selection is superb. When I asked for something, they were helpful I guess. Kind of felt like I was bothering them asking for something, but as soon as I started talking about buying, they warmed up real quick. Seems a little backwards in my opinion.

10. bobby321

bobby321 Well-Known Member

Do the pigtail mercer sweaters have the wider neck like the tees? Fit pics would be appreciated

11. malcolm4819

malcolm4819 Senior member

Slightly wider but drapes differently than the tees. If your on the fence, I would suggest purchasing.

12. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

Lol, JE advice to live by

13. bobby321

bobby321 Well-Known Member

Would you recommend going tts? I was looking for a sweater with this sort of texture in a looser fit.

14. Clint Alvin

Clint Alvin Senior member

[​IMG]

Ben Simmons with the Paneled Flight Jacket.

1 person likes this.
  15. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

True to size.

16. ZanderRosen

I have a medium pigtail mercer brand new with tags in grey size 2 that's too large for me. DM me if you'd like it.

17. Adrian Beckham

Adrian Beckham Well-Known Member

Still on the hunt for a large riders if anyone is selling!

18. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Senior member

Size down 1

19. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

He wants the looser fit. The piece isn't oversized. No need to size down

20. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Senior member

It's definitely a bit oversized but yeah for loose fit go for the true size I guess! (Need more info) but rather him listen to you [​IMG]

My mistake