• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
:lol:

Y'all trippin off perception of where the goods are made as if JE is a luxury brand. C'mon now...

Last edited:

johnelliottfan

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

:lol:

Y'all trippin off perception of where the goods are made as if JE is a luxury brand. C'mon now...
Dude honestly what the hell does this even mean? You trolling? It is not a luxury brand but it's still priced fairly high compared to most brands and many people liked the fact that it was made in Cali. If you don't give a **** where anything is made that's fine. Some people do. And they have a right to an opinion.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Worry about it when the goods start being shittier. You're assuming that the engineer pants were worse solely because they were MIC. I'm pretty sure the design/material was just ******. This is up to the designer/research team regarding sourcing materials. If stitching fails, that's generally what has been specified by the brand, not the factory cutting corners (mid tier to luxury brands at least).

I was probably one of the first JE customers on this board...

On a side note, you know all those people who say "omg these are made in the same factory as brand XYZ, they must be at least as good"? What they're missing is that there are many factories of top level production, it's a matter of the brand paying for it (quality control/material sourcing/etc).

ETA: if your sense of national pride is offended by JE moving some production offshore, or if you resent the potential loss of American jobs or whatever then yeah, that has nothing to do with the clothes. To be clear, this is perfectly fine, there are entire threads on this and other forums dedicated to USA! USA! goods, but you shouldn't confuse the two issues. You are as always free to vote with your dollars.

Last edited:

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah they do, exactly. It seems like you will only be happy once everybody else is on board with the fact that things made in China are ticking time bombs of ****.

Edit - that was for johnelliottfan

I agree with Cyc, take each piece for what it is. The country of origin shouldn't matter unless/until every piece that is MiC is noticeably lower quality. So far the only quality issues I recall for JE are the quilting on the kith collab (which was made in LA) and the engineer pants (made in China). Weren't the raincoats also MiC? I dont remember any negative issues about those.

Last edited:

johnelliottfan

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Yeah they do, exactly. It seems like you will only be happy once everybody else is on board with the fact that things made in China are ticking time bombs of ****.

Edit - that was for johnelliottfan

I agree with Cyc, take each piece for what it is. The country of origin shouldn't matter unless/until every piece that is MiC is noticeably lower quality. So far the only quality issues I recall for JE are the quilting on the kith collab (which was made in LA) and the engineer pants (made in China). Weren't the raincoats also MiC? I dont remember any negative issues about those.
That is simply an absurd comment to make. Absurd in many ways. I don't ******* believe everything made in China is a "ticking time bomb of ****", but for the same price I would rather buy a product made by JE in Cali over JE made in China. For **** sakes what is so wrong about voicing my opinion here. I spend tons of money on the brand and I wanted to make my voice heard. It's cool if you don't care that all JE is made in China in the future but I for one do care. get off your high horses boys

Bimmer93

Reaction score
Regardless of where the item is made, it doesn't matter much if you can't actually get your order. Going on day 8 without a shipping confirmation after being told everyday that it would ship since Tuesday.

johnelliottfan

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

You are so hostile about this, I don't understand it.
We are all entitled to an opinion. In the end JE's opinion is the only one that matters: I only wanted to voice my displeasure because I see it as a trend now and I hope in a year or two's time we won't see literally every JE piece made in China. You guys are more than welcome to not care. I just love the brand and don't want the quality to fall off, as I have seen repeatedly in my experience. I didn't expect to voice my opinion and get mauled by a bunch of people loving China manufacturing. As if it's so outrageous and ridiculous to enjoy product put together in Cali over China. Edit: and by the way, it has little or nothing to do with "supporting American jobs". I am from Canada

Last edited:

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ok I'm gonna stop talking about it. My intention was never to simply piss you off. You said you're piece and I said mine which just happened to be contrary to your opinion. I still don't understand the hostility but
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

echau

Reaction score
What if JE just put "Made in USA" or "Made in China" on product pages?

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Worry about it when the goods start being shittier. You're assuming that the engineer pants were worse solely because they were MIC. I'm pretty sure the design/material was just ******. This is up to the designer/research team regarding sourcing materials. If stitching fails, that's generally what has been specified by the brand, not the factory cutting corners (mid tier to luxury brands at least).

I was probably one of the first JE customers on this board...

On a side note, you know all those people who say "omg these are made in the same factory as brand XYZ, they must be at least as good"? What they're missing is that there are many factories of top level production, it's a matter of the brand paying for it (quality control/material sourcing/etc).

ETA: if your sense of national pride is offended by JE moving some production offshore, or if you resent the potential loss of American jobs or whatever then yeah, that has nothing to do with the clothes. To be clear, this is perfectly fine, there are entire threads on this and other forums dedicated to USA! USA! goods, but you shouldn't confuse the two issues. You are as always free to vote with your dollars.

It's not ethical to switch the country of production without telling your customers when one of your selling points has been that you make stuff locally.

If they want to make stuff in China and keep the prices high, fine, whatever. J+E stuff has been arguably marked up to begin with. But at least don't be deceptive towards customers.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i bought JE because it was made here now they just feel like $200 nike sweatpants

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The vast majority of our products are and will continue to be made in Los Angeles. We have not changed the country of fabrication on any of our products. We have introduced some new products that we felt were manufactured superiorly overseas. A number of our Engineered Pants this season had a fabric flaw. This would have existed regardless of the country of manufacture. There are no plans to move the sourcing of our line and specifically the products everyone is familiar with overseas.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads