• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clint Alvin

Reaction score
Sidebar: Has anyone used thebusinessfashion.co.uk before?
Is it legit?

victoorious

Reaction score
Anyone got a size small turtle neck black melange that they don't want cause they think they look like drake?

if so, i'll gladly buy it off of you.

echau

Reaction score
Maybe the quality is equal, but some people are just willing to pay more for local goods, which was part of the draw for me when purchasing JE. I personally find it difficult to justify the price point of the 41 OS if it was made in China. Just my opinion though.

imbmgb

Reaction score
if anyone selling a 41 overshirt in size xl msg me pls!

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Made in CHINA? For a $440 overshirt? You have got to be ******* kidding me.

Yea that's quite pricey for something made in China. But then again, the quality does not disappoint. At least it's cheaper than Alexander wang made in China bull

leclutchjames

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Maybe the quality is equal, but some people are just willing to pay more for local goods, which was part of the draw for me when purchasing JE. I personally find it difficult to justify the price point of the 41 OS if it was made in China. Just my opinion though.

Basically.

You guys should see Rick owens customer conversations
1f602.png
it's way more crazy

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In many ways J+E is a lot like Rick Owens. Rereleases the same stuff with slight changes every season, with a new item here or there. Now outsourcing items like Rick as well.

johnelliottfan

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Very, very disappointed to hear that yet again more and more pieces are being made in China. No matter what JE, or anyone says for that matter, the quality will not be as good as the products that are made by JE in the USA. It is simply a fact. I've seen it time and time again. At first, they told us oh just this one piece was made in China bc it was a technical fabric. And now, more and more pieces are suddenly showing up without prior notice as being made in China. One of the main reasons I buy so much JE is bc it is quality and it's made in Cali. This is definitely disappointing to hear.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

quality is factory dependent, not country dependent.
Plenty of **** is made in the USA.

Exactly. The quilted stuff that had major issues was made here. Nothing wrong with China if the factory is top quality

johnelliottfan

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

quality is factory dependent, not country dependent.
Plenty of **** is made in the USA.
of course there are lots of bad quality products made in the USA but we are talking about JE and the stuff they make in the USA is top notch. We are not talking about other brands. If something is made in a Chinese factory, then it will almost certainly be of lesser quality. It is cheaper to pay these people pennies to stitch this stuff and the lack of quality is evident in the product produced most notably in the stitching department. There isn't anything anyone can say that would make me believe a product put together by people making pennies is going to be top quality. I've had high end clothing from China pretty much just fall apart at the stitching seams or the waistband for instance.

johnelliottfan

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Exactly. The quilted stuff that had major issues was made here. Nothing wrong with China if the factory is top quality
Seems like a few people here would not care if EVERYTHING produced by JE is made in China. Disappointing to me to see this line of thinking. My enthusiasm for the brand will certainly waver if we see this line of thinking come into fruition for JE in the future. Does look like we are heading in this direction.

Last edited:

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

If something is made in a Chinese factory, then it will almost certainly be of lesser quality..

I whole heartedly disagree with this. But I am not John Elliott and I am not you so it really doesn't matter. Also, I'm not Chinese.

And while we're on the topic wtf happened to the engineer pants? Quality issues made them just get taken off the site or did they actually all sell out? I kind of wanted a pair of the olive or plasters.

johnelliottfan

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I whole heartedly disagree with this. But I am not John Elliott and I am not you so it really doesn't matter. Also, I'm not Chinese.

And while we're on the topic wtf happened to the engineer pants? Quality issues made them just get taken off the site or did they actually all sell out? I kind of wanted a pair of the olive or plasters.
That's fine that's your opinion. I speak from personal experience only. This is not an issue of perception but rather what I have experienced time and time again. About the engineered pants, they had real quality issues with many people reporting them completely tearing after one or a couple uses. They probably sold out and took them off or they just took them off due to the obvious defects on this product which by the way was made in China.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads