• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BeraQueezy

Reaction score
you make that jacket look awful

why do you keep standing like that dude?

johnelliottfan

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
lmao that's hilarious.

Still waiting on a shipping JE confirmation for any of my 3 orders... anytime Meow. Have a feeling some stuff is going to get cancelled.

ccolbert

Reaction score
For everyone 1 good photo of the rider jacket I see on this thread I see 5 where it looks bad. Seems like it only works if you're super skinny. Even being 5' 10/11" and 160/165 I wouldn't pick it up. Ideally I'd go Rick Owens, although not in the same price range, if you find the right size it works perfectly if you have almost any build.

ursman

Reaction score
Put the XL on and try it.

It's definitely possible that the jacket isn't for you, though. I would try all available higher sizes if I were you.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For everyone 1 good photo of the rider jacket I see on this thread I see 5 where it looks bad. Seems like it only works if you're super skinny. Even being 5' 10/11" and 160/165 I wouldn't pick it up. Ideally I'd go Rick Owens, although not in the same price range, if you find the right size it works perfectly if you have almost any build.

You will be fine if you size right. It's a cropped jacket. Helps if your stomach is flat and your chest isn't massive. That's it.

ursman

Reaction score
Fit Check - Just bought my first John Elliott item - Villian Crew :)

How do you guys think it fits?

The zippers are open up 1/3 of the way. I'm debating whether or not to size up.

Get those zips down. It's not meant to be worn with the zips open. Is it really uncomfortable zipped? It will stretch... and the rest of the body looks fine on you.

(Nice Yeezy's)

Last edited:

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Able to move in it but it definitely was tight when I zipped it up with a villain which I would never do. Threw up a few more pics.

I would try wearing it with the flaps folded rather than how you are wearing it. I would also only layer with a tee, u neck or classic crew If you have one. It's a fashion jacket so you need the other elements for it to work. The villain doesn't work and the shirt tucked in is too formal looking. Zipped also doesn't work imo

leclutchjames

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Get those zips down.  It's not meant to be worn with the zips open.  Is it really uncomfortable zipped?  It will stretch... and the rest of the body looks fine on you.

(Nice Yeezy's)

Not uncomfortable. But it can look better from time to timw

Just my thoughts though and is it really not meant to be worn with the zips open? Hmm

nosurrender414

Reaction score
I would try wearing it with the flaps folded rather than how you are wearing it. I would also only layer with a tee, u neck or classic crew If you have one. It's a fashion jacket so you need the other elements for it to work. The villain doesn't work and the shirt tucked in is too formal looking. Zipped also doesn't work imo
Appreciate the feedback and everyone on here, as this forum is what put me onto the brand. I would normally layer how you suggested but just took pics with what I was wearing at the time. I'll try the flaps as you suggested.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads