1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Hopefully the shorts don't sell out, I want a pair but waiting for the mesh hoodie.

2. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Senior member

If u want a villian hoody go on rule of next

3. VirtruviusR

VirtruviusR Senior member

Bought the black quilted escobars again, hopefully the quilting holds up better than the RFXJE I had earlier because those things were so bomb (was really sad to have to return them). And the waiting begins.

Also props to JE's customer service team, they really do stand by their product.

Also, I''m 6'1.5", 30 waist, 150lbs given the new sizing I ordered a small (was previously a medium but it was a bit baggy), will it fit correctly - worried about length and the sizing chart wasn't working?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  4. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I was in the same boat, but it just kept them. They are too nice to return. I'll live with the flaws, hard to tell threads are missing.

The new escobars basically fit like the limas you returned. If you got the same size, you will be good.

5. KSlay

KSlay Member

Picked up a black Villain hoodie on RuleOfNext and grey crew and tank on JE. Hopefully I picked the right size since I had differing opinions on S or M. haha

6. dcvm1979

dcvm1979 Senior member

Got them limas coming thank u JE!!!!

7. smokinginja

smokinginja Active Member

wow what a night. i knew they were releasing but i couldnt be at home at the time. i watched when the clock struck 8 and was on my iphone. i kept refreshing over and over and the site would take me to a john elliott shop.app? idk like a mobile shop for the site. and i was getting so frustrated bc i didnt want to miss out on the restock. anyways i switched my mobile to the desktop and was able to score three items. on the mobile shop app everytime i would pick a product it would say out of stock. and no new items would pop up. anyways it worked out in the end.

it kept sending me to john-elliott-co.theshoppad.com from the john elliott site.

still not showing new items

8. jstrath406

jstrath406 Senior member

All I'm waiting for is the return of the original one color Escobars. Can't really get myself to go for the quilted knee look, though I don't mind them.

9. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

We are completely overhauling our mobile site, and website in general. It will be good for the next release. Sorry about that!

10. max-t

max-t Senior member

oops missed the grey limas in my size whose stocking them next?

11. Darren2901

Darren2901 Active Member

@Johnelliott Hi, I'm struggling to find a definitive answer to my questions; I am 5 10" 175lbs and a true medium in most brands but would a large be better for me in the villain hoodie? If so, would I be better getting a large Mercer tank to layer with it or just sticking to TTS (medium) looking to order today so i would be really grateful for a quick reply :) thanks!

12. malcolm4819

malcolm4819 Senior member

I am the same size, height and etc.I wear a medium, my villain from last season started snug, now the fit is slim and very flattering. Length is perfect for our height. I couldnt imagine sizing up, it would be way too long.

If I get a chance ill take a pic of the new crew villain I bought and my older hoody villain so you can see where it would start and how it would end.

13. Darren2901

Darren2901 Active Member

Yes please, that would be great! I'm worried about the medium if I'm honest because I have pretty broad shoulders and long arms :-/ so a pic would be really, really useful. Also, wrt the mercer tank, would you size up for the best layering effect?

Thanks,

Darren.

14. jstrath406

jstrath406 Senior member

If you check the last few pages you'll find a variety of sizing info and pictures

15. Darren2901

Darren2901 Active Member

I know but it's difficult to tell when someone is your height and like 30lbs lighter?! I mean I'm slim with a 31 inch waist; I really find it hard to believe someone at my height could be like 135lbs. It's impossible to use their pics as a comparison. I appreciate the reply though, thanks!

16. RetroFuture

RetroFuture Senior member

I'm 5'8" 175 lbs, athletic lean build (32 waist). I wear a medium in the burgundy villain, grey riga halfzip, and grey u neck tee. The sweatshirts are fitted slim and flattering, which it's supposed to. I would say stick with medium if that's the look you're going for.

I wore my grey u neck tee today layered underneath the burgundy villain and a black bomber jacket, really nice.

17. Stackson

Stackson Senior member

Really a medium? I'm 6 foot 180 lbs 34 waste and anything besides an xxl is skin tight in the chest and arms.

18. Rommel

Rommel Senior member

similar specs here...

I'm 5'9" 175 lbs, muscular lean build (32 waist) -> XL villain for me, anything smaller would be skin tight in the chest and arms.

19. sussi

sussi Senior member

same here, 180cm 80kg, muscular fitness body, went for L in villain pullover but next time will definitely go for XL. L is really slim fit, not too slim but I am sure XL would be better.

So if anyone is looking for QUILTED VILLAIN CREW size L and don't want to pay extra shipping + duties + taxes I have one for sale.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  20. Darren2901

Darren2901 Active Member

Does anyone have a fit pic? I would really appreciate it as I'm ordering from the UK and sizing is vital because a return will not be an option.

I've had people with similar measurements recommend M, L and XL here ha!

I was thinking medium but the shoulder measurement 17" seems really small!