1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. csharvie16

csharvie16 Member

Anybody else super excited for this coat and sweater?
    [​IMG]

2. beans718

beans718 Senior member

Man I don't even have big legs and they are tight.. Deff measure and go from there

3. johnelliottfan

johnelliottfan Senior member

THERMALS -

I am usually a large in most JE stuff (villains/flash/flight jacket/comix tees) but get Medium in some tee's (mercer, u neck), and I went with a medium thermal tank. Fits perfectly. 6 ft 185 pounds and in my opinion, the length on the back is NOT too long. It actually looks dope, and is awesome for layering. To each their own, and remember not everyone is going to like the same thing or be able to "pull off" a certain look (in their mind or in others minds)

To anyone under 5'10 (even under 6 feet tall is pushing it), the thermal tanks and henleys will probably look pretty weird and will need to be hemmed at the length, IMO. I couldn't imagine sizing down on the thermal stuff to be honest - my arms are pretty tight in the large SS henley (but not too tight) and there is no chance in hell the arms would have fit in a medium. The tank - medium fits great and a small would be impossible to fit into at my size.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  4. MilesMW

MilesMW Senior member

I returned a navy OS hoodie in size L. Just got the refund so should be available soon.

If anyone has a medium black OS hoodie in medium and wants to swap with my Large please pm. I wore it once, and thought it was the right size but medium will be better for me.

5. highcatcher91

highcatcher91 Well-Known Member

has anyone on the west coast gotten the paneled flight jacket yet / can post some pics?

6. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

This
    jbidwal I'm pointing at you haha

7. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

[​IMG]
    Ups definitely trolling me. I've never received a JE order the same week I ordered it...

8. highcatcher91

highcatcher91 Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat, its because they shipped it out same day.

9. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I'll get it today. Will post pics

10. someguyinboston

someguyinboston Member

Hey guys just got my order in of M black OS crew (M) and Zinc denim (31), kinda on the fence about the denim what do you think?
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

11. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

The fit is good. It's just a matter of you liking it. The actual blowouts will get nicer with wear.

12. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

^^ denim and crew look good.

13. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

[​IMG]

JE is the reason I'm always so comfortable when studying. Sage escobars

3 people like this.
  14. Luciano123

Luciano123 Senior member

good fits bro! and what size do your normally wear in denim ? and whats your waist size and height if you dont mind me asking

15. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

Thanks!
    The only denim I own are APC petite new standard and I wear a size 29 in those. A 28 in those would be perfect with wear and stretch but currently I don't wear jeans enough to have the patience for them to stretch out. In rag and bone fit 1 I wear a 29 and those fit spot on. Acne Ace a 28 fits spot on. I'm 5'10 140-145. I don't know my true waist size, never have had it measured appropriately.

16. GBlue

GBlue Senior member

JE looks really good on you. What size did you get for the Villain, if you don't mind me asking?

17. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Jacket came in. Pretty surprised with how nice it is. It's actually a substantial jacket. Has weight too it and not thin at all like last years summer jackets. The hardware is also matte which I haven't seen before in JE. Attached are some pics. I just tossed it on my washed hoodie for a color reference.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8 people like this.
  18. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

^^ DOPE looks good! Making me jealous with your trio dude. I wish I got my hands on both those while I had the chance

19. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I got the wool bomber and the rider as well lol. I think I'm done with jackets for a bit.

2 people like this.
  20. pl0nky

pl0nky Senior member

What size do you wear in villains and escobars? We're similar ht and wt so I'm just wondering. Thanks