• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ggss09

Reaction score
Daze, Corduroy shirt and FoG California arrived today.

I never got into selvedge denim because it coincided with #menswear and raw denim, which were kinda before my time but these bring that awesome craftsmanship to a more modern aesthetic with the paint splatter, repairs, etc. Everything looks really good and the locations of the rips and repairs make a ton of sense, which can't be said for all denim (even high end stuff).

Corduroy shirt is really cool, love the colour and will be keeping just cos of that but its biiiig. It will look best on someone who's tall and yoked like @jclark216. The length will be a deterrent, moreso than the width for a lot of people.

Edit: was going to say sizing down on the corduroy shirt may be a good look, not sure if anyone's tried it yet

08FA083D-5134-4BD4-9200-653C3E06576F.jpeg

BigRed

Reaction score

I never got into selvedge denim because it coincided with #menswear and raw denim, which were kinda before my time but these bring that awesome craftsmanship to a more modern aesthetic with the paint splatter, repairs, etc. Everything looks really good and the locations of the rips and repairs make a ton of sense, which can't be said for all denim (even high end stuff).

Corduroy shirt is really cool, love the colour and will be keeping just cos of that but its biiiig. It will look best on someone who's tall and yoked like @jclark216. The length will be a deterrent, moreso than the width for a lot of people.

Edit: was going to say sizing down on the corduroy shirt may be a good look, not sure if anyone's tried it yet

View attachment 1743061
How tall are you?

jclark216

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1743061
Looks good to me ?

IChen

Reaction score

View attachment 1743061
Sizing down is good I think, I'm a S in hemi and other flannels but XS in Cord was better for me. I don't have the tall genes :confused:

Wally_SF

Reaction score
has JE released a version of the carhartt Detroit? I feel like they have the sun drenched technique down and would look great on a thick canvas

Some of the vintage ones are so beautiful. The FOG one is ridiculous but north of what id be prepared to spend

m0butt

Reaction score
I don’t think it’s being marketed as a new fit which is why there’s confusion. It’s essentially just a dialed in version of the cast 2.

Featured Sponsor

What's Your Favorite Summer Shoe?

• Loafers

• Boat shoes

• Espadrilles

• Sneakers

• Desert Boots

• Sandals

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members