1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. BeraQueezy

BeraQueezy Senior member

this jacket is comically horrendous

2. Sonderist

Sonderist Senior member

Happy to know I'll be able to get some of the Boucle sweats I missed last F/W at the very least. Have to agree with a lot of the above posts though, some of these pieces look like carbon copies of shit I used to own by Volcom lol

3. sussi

sussi Senior member

I would never take the jacket, but overall look is solid. Jacket goes well with other pieces and the guy looks like he is ready to fight James Bond in the Mountains.

1 person likes this.
  4. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Senior member

I think my problem is a lot of the pieces don't scream JE to me ( I've been saying that about this current collection as well)

A lot of it seems like oh I liked this from another brand so I'll make it. Which may not be the case. But just my thoughts

3 people like this.
  5. hyyvii

hyyvii Senior member

pretty sure his shoes were being worn. like the very first all white ones and you can see a similar shoe throughout the show. hightop might be his too.

6. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I personally think it's great they are evolving the brand. His basics are always going to be there and there is no need to put them in the show at this point. I'm sure we will see plenty of the mainline in new colors.

2 people like this.
  7. ursman

ursman Senior member

Couldn't agree with you more. I think his wheelhouse is like... Looks 11-14. Other than that... I need to fish through these pieces to find what I consider "typical" JE. I think there are definite winners here... but I really needed to sort through these looks to find the pieces I liked.

8. leclutchjames

It's great to evolve and not saying I want to just see mainline stuff cause that's a given but some of it is just like man , is this really JE?

9. leclutchjames

Yeah just gotta see everything separated I guess

1 person likes this.
  10. BeraQueezy

BeraQueezy Senior member

So unbelievably with you bro.

11. DrinkOrDie

DrinkOrDie Senior member

JE+ stepping up to compete with yeezy/fog!

12. malcolm4819

malcolm4819 Senior member

Overall I like what I see. Was hoping we'd see the return of the Carbon wash or a black wash.

I do spy Oak terry :slayer:

1 person likes this.
  13. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I think John had a vision for where he wants to be. A lot of this can be mixed and matched with stuff that's already out. I personally don't wear anything like on the runway so I can see what you all are saying too. I just focus on a few pieces and really that's all I will get anyway from the high ticket stuff. I like the suede rider jacket, the new belted leather jacket and the cream looking bomber. The raw hem denim looks nice as well. I think the more cropped look works for a change instead of stacks all the time.

In general terry, layers, basics are what JE is. All that is there. Just in a different form.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  14. leclutchjames

WWD has better photos. You can see the pieces moving a little more.

15. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

Everything looks amazing. But everything looks like it'll be out of my price range.

16. Marco Storari

Marco Storari Senior member

I'm a John Elliott-stan, but like others have said, I'm not loving what I'm seeing right now.

With that said, I believe in John Elliott and am looking forward to what the look-book shows.

1 person likes this.
  17. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Last few pages... :rotflmao:

2 people like this.
  18. ccolbert

ccolbert Active Member

I'm digging the majority of this! Not a fan at all of the puffers, but all the quilted patterns are killers, bombers are awesome, some great sweats, and that jacket in look 34 is BOMB.

19. malcolm4819

malcolm4819 Senior member

Anyone pick up the Spring wash denim?

20. Mikeisonfire

Mikeisonfire Senior member

Honestly, are you guys even seeing the same runway show as I am? John killed this collection. What is "typical JE" anyway, basic tees and terry pieces? Are you really expecting him to not branch out into more intricate pieces and materials now that he has the means and support in order to successfully develop full wardrobes? I'm so excited for John and what he's been churning out, it's almost as if you so-called JE stans and supporters are pigeonholing him to his season four-era collections.
    Maybe you need to take a second look, because the slim, minimalist pieces that JE is known for are still very well and present in FW16, while also expanding to a broader, new look that all should have been expected to see from a growing designer.

9 people like this.