Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. malcolm4819

malcolm4819 Senior member

[​IMG]
    When is this tee releasing? Looks Plaster.

Need more Plaster, a Plaster Villain Crew would be clutch.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015

2. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Best JE item to date. Hands down! This is a size M. Should I do a Small or stick with M?

3. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Senior member

Really depends on how YOU want it to fit.

If you like the way it looks/feels then roll with it

4. jthom931

jthom931 Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/1879748/width/350/height/700[/IMG

Stick with the medium, the length looks on point (sleeve and body length)

5. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Size down. My small came in and the difference is day and night. My small fits just like the models. The length diff isn't much but it's much more slim in the body and sleeves. It doesn't have that weird hang and the sleeves are much more fitted. While I like the black better, the fit of the gray is much better. Going to return my black one.

6. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

[​IMG]

Here is a pic for the difference. Makes a big difference once worn. This is definately a size down piece imo

7. dmill

dmill Senior member

I would size down. the sleeves are too long for your arms and it looks draped over you.

8. PCLMS

PCLMS Member

This looks pretty bad. I hope you sized down since the fit in this picture looks reminiscent of homer's mumu.
    [​IMG]

9. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Got a small. Like the black better but fit is off. In those pics I only had a tank. Looked worse with a fitted tee but fit alright with a looser long sleeve. Still too big imo. The medium is like an xl. Also the medium didn't look half as bad as those pics. I tried to even the hang of the fabric by adjusting the collar but It didn't really work. When it wore the collar at normal adjustment, the extra fabric hung in the back while the chest was flat.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2015

10. Vindeleon90

Vindeleon90 Senior member

looks good but maybe can go one more size down. what size do you normally wear for hoodies or crews in JE?

11. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

This was really helpful. Thanks for posting. I'll order the S and compare. Quality of this piece is epic.

12. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

I wear a M in everything JE, I'll try the S out. I don't wanna be lazy and regret down the road that I didn't give the S a shot

13. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I'm like you. I wear a medium in everything. I can wear small tees easily too but I generally go for medium. The sweater in small fits a lot more like a natural small. The slimmer sleeves feel a lot nicer and fit better too.

14. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Senior member

If you are skinny, I really think it just comes down to personal preference on the sweater size

You may be going for a look that the next person isn't or one way fits your style better

Like I said, if you are skinny, it's really gonna be up to you at the end of the day, not us

As far as the bigger guy, I really just think the piece doesn't flow well with your up top build, and you should find an alternative or just let this one go. But just my opinion of course

15. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Those are my thoughts as well. If you are skinny true to size may work but I still think the sleeves are baggy. It might not hang all weird sleeves still loose.

For me personally, I agree oversized generally doesn't work for me unless the piece is long. Cropped and a bigger upper body generally doesn't end up too good. I'm returning my medium. The sized down fits better but still has a slight hang. I can take care of that easily with a looser tee under or just a simple fix at the tailor. For me I can only do slightly oversized so it sits flat or have a longer piece. The medium sleeves however were baggy on me and I have bigger biceps than most skinny guys. The small sleeves fit perfect. Something to keep in mind. I'm not sweating it though. If the tailor doesn't think it will sit flat it's going back. Part of the reason I wear JE is because I have this issue lol. The longer tees are perfect for me as I can't really find many slim tees that are good fitting. They are either too short or they balloon like this sweater did