John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. dmill

dmill Senior member

Nice bro, mind snapping a pic since we're the same size? I was thinking of getting the olive or the navy.

2. epryor

epryor Senior member

Just got home. Olive flight jacket is [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

@victoorious were you able to exchange yours? Curious to see your thoughts

4. godforshort

godforshort Senior member

You think sizing down would be a good idea on the boucle crew ?

5. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

If all depends on your body and what your looking for tbh. I think just about everyone here can fit a small as these are pretty wide. Obviously on a bigger person it won't look oversized.

I think it's not a bad idea to size down if you are top heavy and don't really want that hanging / poncho look. If you are fairly tall and lean from chest to torso, then the oversized looks nice true to size. These will hang when going true to size. How the hang looks is all body dependent.

6. dcvm1979

dcvm1979 Senior member

@Jbidwal
    Quick question bro. What size crop tee did u get and also what color? Im on the fence about them seeing as i live in the sunshine state. Also is it really heavy like terry or an extra thick gas station tee(just sayin it looks like that to me hahahah) We might get 10 really good days of fall and less than 3 months of winter the crop tee might be a good buy..cold in the morning and night but bright and warm during the day.im not complaining tho love fla..let me know when u get a minute

7. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

My crop tee comes in today so I'll let you know how it is. I got my normal size medium in plaster.

8. victoorious

victoorious Senior member

yea i exchanged it, just waiting for me to get it.. i'll let you know once i get it

9. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

Will the olive fishtail raincoat restock?

10. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

^^^ Crop tee isn't heavy/thick at all. You'd be fine wearing it in hot weather. The thickness is like those 5 for $20 aaa shirts--not comparing the two though.

11. BeraQueezy

BeraQueezy Senior member

sorry but the size of that sweater along with how tight your pants are, for your body type, looks awful to me..

but as long as you are happy

12. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Yea I'm sending it back. It's way too baggy. I think you need wide shoulders for it to work. I think they will hang on most people unless you size down.

13. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I layered it with a full sleeve mercer and it fits much better. I guess the mercer helps fill in the empty voids. Still ordered a small to see what works best. All in all I suggest you size down unless you got wide shoulders that will help carry the extra fabric

14. LuckyG61

LuckyG61 Active Member

Bought one just the other day and noticed most sizes were OOS after purchasing. Machus has them in stock, though, if you're on the hunt. I know Roden Gray will have them soon, as well. Hopefully that helps.

Glad I decided to size down on the Boucle since exchanges aren't feasible for me. Had a feeling my usual size would be too big and I wanted a fit similar to that of the model.

^^^ Sits on your body much better there and fits a lot better than the initial pics. I'd still be inclined to size down as long as you're still able to achieve your intended look.

15. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I'm surprised the model can fit a medium but it seems like he's wearing a preproduction version anyway. The medium is 24 inches wide which is like an xl. I get its oversized but for me a normal loose tee is about 20 inches. Ordered the small grey to see how it fits. I really like the black now though so hopefully the grey looks just as good. If not, I might have a tailor bring it in a bit. I don't want the balloon look.