• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

a feline mage

Reaction score
I have no issues paying over retail if there’s something I really want. For those taking some principled stand on not lining reseller pockets, you’re playing yourself. I paid $1k over retail for off white Jordan 1s when they dropped. Sure, that person made a nice profit, but if I ever wanted to sell, I’d much rather have my $8k+ over retail they’re going for now.
You're acting like nobody in the history of the world has bought a hype shoe over retail only to see the value take a nosedive after the fact. Glad it worked out for you, genuinely, but you're talking an extreme case here, not the average.

Thinking I'm "playing myself" by not paying some botter for the privilege of being a middleman.. you've got to be kidding. Stockholm syndrome type stuff right there.

nepats81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok Last thing. I think someone mentioned this before. BUY WHAT YOU LIKE. I don’t rock mids but If you chose to, go ahead. Trust me when I tell you, 1s use to SIT!!! People hated them. Now they are one of the most sought after silhouette.
I just hope things never get back to this point. Anyone know what the Get Money Boyz are up to these days?

Edeezus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sooo… how was everyone’s Daze Coasts been holding up? Been lowkey tryna wait for any kind of discount but I’m probably just going to cop retail. Thinking about sizing up one for a bit baggier fit tho.

Also been eying Acne 1996 but I am unsure how the quality is compared to JE.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sooo… how was everyone’s Daze Coasts been holding up? Been lowkey tryna wait for any kind of discount but I’m probably just going to cop retail. Thinking about sizing up one for a bit baggier fit tho.

Also been eying Acne 1996 but I am unsure how the quality is compared to JE.
Mine have held up well. Not bagging out. Sizing up works too, you will have a looser waist but nothing that requires a belt. Have the acne too. They are nice / comparable. they are much baggier though

Edeezus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine have held up well. Not bagging out. Sizing up works too, you will have a looser waist but nothing that requires a belt. Have the acne too. They are nice / comparable. they are much baggier though
Thanks! Which wash do you prefer out of the two?

tommo

Reaction score
Bare in mind Acne ‘96 run super long. I’m 6’3 and usually wear 34 inch inseams. My 96s I wear a 30 inseam and still have to cuff them.

Featured Sponsor

What's Your Favorite Summer Shoe?

• Loafers

• Boat shoes

• Espadrilles

• Sneakers

• Desert Boots

• Sandals

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members