1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Quick sizing pic of size L Villain.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Thatguyjlar

Thatguyjlar Active Member

LOVE the oversized hoodie washed clay. Color in real life is very similar to what was shown in the delivery 1a look book, and I could not be happier. 5'9" 165lbs athletic build. This is a medium. I have a small if anyone is interested [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  3. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

well my son got the cargos in navy and olive and the crewneck in blue and clay i am a good and fiscally disastrous father

4. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I didn't realize it was this long when I ordered it. Should have checked the measurements. I agree with it not being a layering piece. Not sure why it's so long. It's as long as some of the extended pieces JE has made.

As for the terry. I prefer the thicker terry too. I wish they make the oversized in the normal stuff too. I would get that over the thinner version any day. I'm glad the thinner stuff doesn't get all wrinkled up though. That would have been a deal breaker for me.

5. Luciano123

Luciano123 Senior member

got the oversized cropped hoodie today, not really a fan of it

6. CH03

CH03 Senior member

As much as it pains me to say, the OS hoodie is pretty underwhelming.

2 people like this.
  7. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

GTfan,
    Interesting that you think the washed mercer is shorter than the regular mercer. The dimensions on the website are longer for the washed than the standard. Mind sharing your dimensions? Maybe JE needs to update their size guide

8. ursman

ursman Senior member

I'm 5'6, 165. I wear a Medium in Villain Hood and Crew. This looks ok on you... but I'm certain you'll like the M better.

9. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I think most will feel this way if they were expecting terry like in all other models. I felt the same when I opened mine. Maybe a run in the normal terry is in the works. the Henley length also caught me by surprise, may fault though for not checking before. I'm going to wait for the patch jacket and knee blowouts now.

10. Yexu5y

Yexu5y Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  11. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

12. Yexu5y

Yexu5y Well-Known Member

Have a Medium olive and black OS coming in, still looking for clay S or M.
    Like others said, I didn't receive a order confirmation due to the weather. got a shipping notification though.
    Still deciding on these cargoes...

13. GTFan712

GTFan712 Senior member

I'm a fan of the OS, and I'll get a ton of wear out of them, but I was expecting the standard weight terry. It seems odd for JE to kick off the season with a lightweight terry while the weather is at it's coldest.

1 person likes this.
  14. dcvm1979

dcvm1979 Senior member

All this crying about the lightweight terry but everyone forgets that THIS is ss16 (spring/summer16)..I only have 2 villains but one is super heavy weight quilted and the other is a summer weight (lightweight) terry...all of fw15 had jackets galore...just sayin

15. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

You can't compare this terry to anything that's ever been on a villain. These are just slightly thicker than the cropped tee of last season. We get its ss but a hoodie still is a product used to keep warm to some degree. Generally it's not like a tshirt. It's basically like washing your villain 100 times and have it wear down.

I get why they used it, just not a big fan of it like many. At least it's still quality terry

16. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I don't think it matters at this point what they release as they are starting to sell the actual season and not just pre season stuff. Maybe this is the only terry they used for everything. Who knows. I don't think many of us saw this light terry coming. You can't really tell from pictures or even the show they did.

17. gerg99

gerg99 Senior member

I haven't gotten my oversized hoodies in yet, but regardless it would be dope to see them in a heavier weight, maybe in the fall or something. I'd love to see them in some non-washed colors as well

18. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Senior member

JLP made the kake look really really bad

1 person likes this.
  19. pantheist

pantheist Senior member

All this OS cropped stuff is meant to be layered which is prob why it was made thinner. I'm not trying to sweat and show of my belly in the spring.

20. johnelliottfan

johnelliottfan Senior member

Definitely. Who is that guy tho