• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fdyla

Reaction score
Olive rain jacket came in today. I like it a lot. Here are a couple low quality quick pics I took before heading out of the house.

johnelliottfan

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Quote: @JohnElliottCo

I just looked on "new arrivals" page where you can see the jackets side by side. The plaster raincoat is definitely supposed to have plaster color drawstrings. You can see quite clearly when looking at the olive jacket right next to it, which has black drawstrings. I am still waiting to receive mine but I fear it will come with black ones as well.

Last edited:

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

@JohnElliottCo

I just looked on "new arrivals" page where you can see the jackets side by side.  The plaster raincoat is definitely supposed to have plaster color drawstrings.  You can see quite clearly when looking at the olive jacket right next to it, which has black drawstrings. I am still waiting to receive mine but I fear it will come with black ones as well.

The production version of this item has black drawstrings. We will be updating the imagery and apologize for any confusion.

johnelliottfan

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The production version of this item has black drawstrings. We will be updating the imagery and apologize for any confusion.
That's pretty weird... why is that? Hook me up with some plaster drawstrings, that's what I thought I was getting :)

victoorious

Reaction score
That's pretty weird... why is that? Hook me up with some plaster drawstrings, that's what I thought I was getting :)

yeah, I kinda liked it with the plaster drawstring, I wish they updated the photos before actually selling the product :(

johnelliottfan

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
yeah, I kinda liked it with the plaster drawstring, I wish they updated the photos before actually selling the product :(
I feel the same way. It seems like nitpicking but really I like it a lot better with the plaster drawstrings.

Hook us up @JohnElliottCo

I think it would be impossible to switch them though even if we got some plaster drawstrings. Not sure why John Elliott would do this to us :( cruel indeed

Last edited:

flipsilk

Reaction score
i fit your physical description and rock an M in all my JE tees (mercer, u-neck and expo).

The sweats are a different story. Ive found the Villain totally depends on the fabric (the gray fits tighter than the black, and stretches less).

godforshort

Reaction score
i fit your physical description and rock an M in all my JE tees (mercer, u-neck and expo).

The sweats are a different story. Ive found the Villain totally depends on the fabric (the gray fits tighter than the black, and stretches less).
which grey villain ? I have the original grey villain and fits looser than my black one.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I feel the same way.  It seems like nitpicking but really I like it a lot better with the plaster drawstrings.  

Hook us up @JohnElliottCo

I think it would be impossible to switch them though even if we got some plaster drawstrings.  Not sure why John Elliott would do this to us :( cruel indeed

The production version of this jacket was intended to have black drawstrings. The flats currently on our site are an error, we will be updating them to reflect the black drawstrings on the product.

Please pm us if you're not happy with the garment.

Last edited:

drb1911

Reaction score
Looking for: Last seasons 41 overshirt in RED, Size Med. PM if you have one available.

Bash Tian

Reaction score

if the sweats are 100 percent cotton, they tend to give a bit more and are bit more lose.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The two are not always related... :(

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

how is the quality (thickness) of the fishtail jacket?

It's pretty thin, thin like a windbreaker. Honestly not sure why it costs what it does. Prob the process to make it water proof and the zippers

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads