John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. ElJeffrey

ElJeffrey Well-Known Member

The neck on the Fishtail Crews look more tight (which I would prefer) than the Villain Crews. Can anybody confirm?

This was the main reason I sold my Villain Crews and started buying hoodies instead.

2. deem

deem Senior member

I finally got around to snagging a gray co-mix shirt. They're really awesome. It'd be great if there were a black co-mix that someone suggested a few pages ago. It was also my first JE crew neck (have quite a few U-Necks and Mercers), and I like the fit more than I anticipated. If you're on the fence because of he increased co-mix price, I definitely recommend giving it a try.

Also, I want to get some escobars soon, but after reading a bunch of sizing posts, I'm still unsure which size to choose. I wear a 31 in the JE Cobalt and a 32 in JE Coast. For another sizing reference, I'm a 32 in APC petite standard. Should I go with a Large in the escobars? Thanks for any help.

3. andretti

andretti Member

what are your stats? from what I was told I went with a medium and I'm a 32 in petite new standard and I'm 5'10 170...so just by guessing I think the large would be too big for you, you are probably like a lot of us between the small and medium

the guy who helped me wears a small and he is 5'7 155

4. deem

deem Senior member

I'm 6'2" 175. Lift pretty regularly but still lanky with chicken legs lol. I'm not sure if the extra 1" inseam difference between M and L is necessary.

5. godforshort

godforshort Senior member

I'm 5'11" 160lb and I wear a medium. When I first purchased my escos the fit was perfect but after a few wears and a couple washes it has stretched out a lot in the seat and thigh. And because of the 13.5 inch rise it sags weird in the back and looks puffy. I'm starting to think the best option is to size down because they probably stretch almost a full size at stress points anyway. I wear a size 29 in the coast for reference.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015

6. bryanhsu123

bryanhsu123 Senior member

I'm in the exact same situation as you. We're both heavy enough for a medium but too short so it stacks a lot right?

7. bryanhsu123

bryanhsu123 Senior member

depends on how heavy and tall you are for the escos. If you're tall and average weight large would definitely be too big. Escos stretches A LOT for me.

8. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

The stacks are fine for me. My legs are longer compared to my upper body. The issue for me is that I have lean/ thin legs and for them to sit fitted, I have to go with the small. The medium will be too loose in the knees and thighs and then yes they will be too long. I had that issue with the old fit.

9. deem

deem Senior member

Thanks for the input everyone. It seems like I should go with a medium, especially since they seem to stretch quite a bit.

10. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I think you should just make sure the waist band fits you ok. That's one part that doesn't stretch.

11. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

got my olive escobars in. they are fire. gonna grab onto the olive kitos as well when they release.

also got the fish tail crew in black. it's nice and all, but i'm sending it back. i think i'd get over it after wearing it for a week.

12. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Can you post some pics? I bought them too. Looking forward to pairing them with my moon or plaster tee and rider jacket.

13. DG124

DG124 Member

When are we expecting a new drop? Really thinking about picking up a villain for F/W and just wanna see the last couple options before i commit though i think regardless ill have to have a villain in my life though its been very difficult picking between the dark grey or black... both eventually for sure.

14. chiggah

chiggah Senior member

Are you guys still doing the clash crew in grey ?

This one

[​IMG]

15. andretti

andretti Member

That's the charcoal they already released this, I believe they said something about releasing this with a hood but I'm not sure if it will come in charcoal