• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Random Q: Why is the JE Eclipse sale called a "Sample Sale"?
Well a lot of these companies that ran these sample sales originally did “sample sales” where they sold items that were truly samples or items that had defects that you couldn’t sell as new. As time went on companies started hiring them to get rid of their excess stock. The name “sample sale” has continued (I believe) to not dilute the brand image. No one wants to admit to overstock or heavily discounted sales because it decreases the value of the brand. No one will want to pay retail for Dior or Prada or even John Elliott if they know they can catch it on huge discount. Now if you move the “overstock” items off the main site and discount them elsewhere and use terms like “samples” then maybe the general public won’t “catch on” and people will believe that the biggest discount JE gets is 25% and they are better off trying to buy the items a retail or small discounts because a lot of it “sells out”. Just remember a lot of people aren’t going to know about the eclipse sale.

JEstreet

Reaction score
Do you guys think JE would be responsive to changing the sizing on an item I bought from the eclipse sale before it ships? Eclipse is not responding

JEstreet

Reaction score
JE ain’t what it used to be, but from my experience, if any company can it would be them. Their CS is still on GOAT levels
Bet I just shot them an email. Fingers crossed. Also if I remember correctly last year there was an extra % off code from the eclipse sale. Might have been like 30%. Hoping that drops again for a few other last min pick ups.

barrettdudley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you guys think JE would be responsive to changing the sizing on an item I bought from the eclipse sale before it ships? Eclipse is not responding
I finally got through to Eclipse via text. The size I wanted to switch to had long since sold out, but they did remove and refund the item from my order.

TCNY

Reaction score
Don’t think JE has anything to do with the sale.

jclark216

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember I purchased the wrong size on my riders jacket last sample sale and they changed it for me.

JEstreet

Reaction score
I finally got through to Eclipse via text. The size I wanted to switch to had long since sold out, but they did remove and refund the item from my order.
How did you access a texting option? Don’t even see it on the site

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")

Results are only viewable after voting.