• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

atran1128

Reaction score
Would you guys recommend the Villain Crew? New to this brand and I'm not sure whether to shell out the money for the villain hoodie or the villain crew

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Would you guys recommend the Villain Crew? New to this brand and I'm not sure whether to shell out the money for the villain hoodie or the villain crew

Get the hoodie. The most iconic item for this brand.

leclutchjames

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I ordered the micro Modal version from FWRD and will definitely post comparison even though someone else already did.

Pretty certain the grey blend must've been switched up for a short period of time and they thought no one would notice? Or just wanted to try something new. Anyway I'll confirm in a few days.

To give people an idea of what micro modal is compared to cotton think fruit of the loom vs Calvin Klein

Thanks to the user who caught this slight difference.

Last edited:

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well I ordered the micro Modal version from FWRD and will definitely post comparison even though someone else already did.

Pretty certain the grey blend must've been switched up for a short period of time and they thought no one would notice? Or just wanted to try something new. Anyway I'll confirm in a few days.

To give people an idea of what micro modal is compared to cotton think fruit of the loom vs Calvin Klein

Thanks to the user who caught this slight difference.

You're killing your modeling campaign.

That comparison (FOL vs CK) is correct if you're talking about calvin klein's modal collection.

Micro modal is a proprietary form of rayon by european company Lenzing. It's a semi synthetic yarn made by utilizing cellulose (as in plants). However, in the purest sense, it is rayon, in the same way that "Supima" is cotton. So essentially the second tag would be 50 cotton/50 rayon (like their normal shirts). My bet, without feeling both shirts is that it's an error on the tag as generally you wouldn't list it like that...and fabric manufactures would just call it all rayon (or modal/micromodal) instead of breaking it down like that. Being in the industry, I can tell you that the tri blend they're using 50/38/12 poly/cotton/rayon is VERY common (without having a shirt on hand, I'd say its the same as the tri-blend track tee from american apparel give or take a few percentages).

Last edited:

leclutchjames

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You're killing your modeling campaign.

That comparison (FOL vs CK) is correct if you're talking about calvin klein's modal collection.

Micro modal is a proprietary form of rayon by european company Lenzing. It's a semi synthetic yarn made by utilizing cellulose (as in plants). However, in the purest sense, it is rayon, in the same way that "Supima" is cotton. So essentially the second tag would be 50 cotton/50 rayon (like their normal shirts). My bet, without feeling both shirts is that it's an error on the tag as generally you wouldn't list it like that...and fabric manufactures would just call it all rayon (or modal/micromodal) instead of breaking it down like that. Being in the industry, I can tell you that the tri blend they're using 50/38/12 poly/cotton/rayon is VERY common (without having a shirt on hand, I'd say its the same as the tri-blend track tee from american apparel give or take a few percentages).

Haha. I bet I am. Oh well. They probably don't want me anyway, but I'm doing all this for the brand and for the people. My goal is to help more than anything.

I could make the same assumption as you and I actually did. Just want to be 100 percent sure and see in person. I just like fabric and enjoy finding a rare blend (or mistake), kind of like a collectors thing? I'm aware of the fabric breakdown detail you posted ( although I do not work in the industry)

Very cool for members to read that.

Anyway

I follow john Elliott the brand and person heavy because it's essentially me and everything I would do with a brand.

My goal is always to help rather than hurt. Just want to give a second opinion with actual product in hand instead of guessing, although it seems one member has already confirmed a difference.

Nice to have some conversation going on in here.

Last edited:

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Haha. I bet I am. Oh well. They probably don't want me anyway, but I'm doing all this for the brand and for the people. My goal is to help more than anything.

I could make the same assumption as you and I actually did. Just want to be 100 percent sure and see in person. I just like fabric and enjoy finding a rare blend (or mistake), kind of like a collectors thing? I'm aware of the fabric breakdown detail you posted ( although I do not work in the industry)

Very cool for members to read that.

Anyway

I follow john Elliott the brand and person heavy because it's essentially me and everything I would do with a brand.

My goal is always to help rather than hurt. Just want to give a second opinion with actual product in hand instead of guessing, although it seems one member has already confirmed a difference.

Nice to have some conversation going on in here.

I have multiple grey items that span back to 2012 and the tags either say cotton or micro-model. There is no difference in them. They all feel and look the same. The expo tee looks the same as the other tees I have in that fabric. It just feels stiffer. It might just be the fabric they used on this run.

leclutchjames

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All confusing
1f602.png
1f602.png

Thanks for the info. Sorry about you guys expos

dmill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys - so to anyone who is very familiar with JE jeans, I tried the size 33 carbon jeans and they fit comfortable but a bit baggy, then I tried the 32 and they fit perfect but are just a bit tight mostly on the thigh area, waist is perfect.

Would you guys recommend me staying with 32's (hopefully they stretch out a bit and then would be perfect, or do you recommend me staying with the 33's which are comfortable but a bit baggier in areas. Thank you!

echau

Reaction score
Any idea when Revolve will be getting the Expo tees?

dcvm1979

Reaction score
5'8 155-160 i have at least 10 tees from crew to u neck all small just purchased the expo in black grey n comix all flames the comix arrives tomorrow and i know those tend to be slightly more fitted so far im really diggin the expo from the neck to the new hemline very well might be my new favorite style kinda get best of both with the neck and the scoop in the back i like that the front is shorter..my u-necks have a problem.thank u J.E. for the strangle hold u have on my shirt game...my ol lady calls me a snob because it gotta be J.E. she can wear any other shirt but these...she knows better.......

optimaasprime

Reaction score

Hey guys - so to anyone who is very familiar with JE jeans, I tried the size 33 carbon jeans and they fit comfortable but a bit baggy, then I tried the 32 and they fit perfect but are just a bit tight mostly on the thigh area, waist is perfect.

Would you guys recommend me staying with 32's (hopefully they stretch out a bit and then would be perfect, or do you recommend me staying with the 33's which are comfortable but a bit baggier in areas. Thank you!
Get 31 then lol. It will stretchhhhhh

echau

Reaction score
Got my cast in coast and carbon tapered from the knee down to a 15.5 cm hem. The 6.5" hem was pretty good to begin with, but now they fit perfect.

Bertdinner2

Reaction score

All of our grey tees have the same fabric composition, it is not different in any way on the expo tees. The grey tees have always been tri-blend, and have always been 50% POLY / 38% COTTON / 12% RAYON.
is micro modal the same thing as cotton? I'm just wondering cause my grey uneck says 38%micro modal and I swore it feels different then the expo tee I just got. Unless it's just worn in?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads