John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Jasonronn

Jasonronn Senior member

i have only classic crews and they definitely switched up the fabric. the old one was so much better. ive noticed pretty much all the fabric blends fit differently. for instance, in the normal cotton/mm blend, the large fits me good but the xl is too big. in silk/comix the xl feels smaller than the cotton/mm does in L (actually wider but shorter). the older cotton/poly blend for grey fit perfectly for me in xl, but now the newer one fits closer to the cotton/mm which makes sense for JE

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  2. malcolm4819

malcolm4819 Senior member

Will the Villain or Villain crew drop in the Plaster color?

Will there be any new blends uses for tees this season? Silk and Co-Mix were all flames.

3. arpman41

arpman41 Senior member

A wool (maybe wool blend) tee is coming soon

4. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Are those the striped looking tees? Actually looking forward to those. I think denim is out next month. Wonder what the next drop is.

5. Bertdinner2

Bertdinner2 Senior member

So the grey expo tee does have different composition than the other grey u neck tees I have. It has cotton instead of micro modal. The tags pictured are of a grey uneck and grey expo. The expo is with the cotton and I thought it felt shitty and not luxurious at all. No different then ur average t shirt imo.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I just hope this wasn't a change across the board for all their grey tees. I'm happy I returned the grey expo for a black large expo since the composition of them is the same as black u-necks.

6. Bertdinner2

Actually I just looked at the site and it looks like the grey t shirts are now all the same fabric as the expo tee I recieved but the other colors all have the same composition as previous tees. Whelp that kinda sucks hopefully more people notice that their grey t shirts don't feel the same as they used to and maybe they'll go back to the old blend with the micro modal instead of cotton.

7. Bertdinner2

yea ur right I wear a medium in all of the previous u-necks in every color besides for the comix ones I go up to a large. If they keep using this new composition for all of the grey tees I wonder if I'll need to order large grey unecks for now on bc the material is definitely stiffer/less drapey than before.

8. arpman41

arpman41 Senior member

Actually the striped looking ripple tees are different and I think the wool tees are their own thing

9. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Senior member

Grey tees were always 50/38/12

EDIT
    i seeee now. All my Greys are older tees, and one grey mercer tee (which is considered newer I guess)

I've never got a 38 that is micro :(

Damn I need that. [​IMG]

All of mine are 38 cotton, damn JE yall got some more Micro blends for an OG?!

5 grey shirts and never knew another blend existed [​IMG]

Interesting

10. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I got the scar tank and that cotton felt soft too. The change definitely is felt in the expo. The silk blend was my fav. That mercer on fwrd is tempting right now given what may be the future of the grey going forward

11. leclutchjames

Seeing that I have some older tees, I think they may have tried something new for a random period or something? Rather then this being a big change?

Man I want one now [​IMG]

12. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

The scar tank says cotton too though. I think the label was changed last season but the material is always felt the same until now.

13. godforshort

godforshort Senior member

co-mix tees are way better anyway. if they release a black one im set.

14. leclutchjames

Black co mix will really be GOAT. I will buy 10 of those and wear that exclusively the rest of my life

Don't know what's taking them so long to produce that!

15. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

All of our grey tees have the same fabric composition, it is not different in any way on the expo tees. The grey tees have always been tri-blend, and have always been 50% POLY / 38% COTTON / 12% RAYON.