• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

aJEfan

Reaction score
I don’t think anyone came out and said specifically they wanted these to make a statement, but it can be interpreted that way, when some act disappointed in what they ended up receiving in a pair of mesh shorts. I think JE took the Practice shorts, dialed down the fit, and dropped em in basic colors. That should have been the expectation, nothing more. We already knew we weren’t getting riri. Nothing that was promoted marketed these beyond that expectation. I had original practice shorts, and these are the same thing, but with a better fit, and basic colors. To be disappointed is a bit odd, unless your expectations were out of touch. Regardless, there are some flaws we can agree on. Maybe they’ll go back to the drawing board and drop different textures in future seasons. That should increase the premium feel and enhance the styling abilities of these shorts. Boucle?

I think the expectation comes with the 178 price tag. They could have marketed them the exact same way, but offered for a lower price point and expectation for quality would be lower. I own about 50 JE pieces and these rank as one of the biggest misses imo. I think those stocking up on 3+ of these are delusional. I’m returning my olive pair and hunting down olive cord shorts. I’d pay more for those and be way more satisfied.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the expectation comes with the 178 price tag. They could have marketed them the exact same way, but offered for a lower price point and expectation for quality would be lower. I own about 50 JE pieces and these rank as one of the biggest misses imo. I think those stocking up on 3+ of these are delusional. I’m returning my olive pair and hunting down olive cord shorts. I’d pay more for those and be way more satisfied.

Ok, but what were you trying to accomplish with basic, solid colored mesh shorts? Certainly it can’t be the same thing as what you would be trying to accomplish with Cord shorts. Why didn’t you just goto the Cord shorts from the start? The AAUs are the same irl as they are in all of the pics.

MichaelPatrick0

Reaction score
Might catch some heat for non je related, what are some other denim you guys all rock ? Outside of je ?

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure my account is bottom tier at best, and have got access to the ssense sale now. People should retry!

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure my account is bottom tier at best, and have got access to the ssense sale now. People should retry!
Nice thanks for the heads up
2B45C882-7F33-429F-AC87-D4B5AF53A85B.png

leclutchjames

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You see the one I posted where the lining was falling apart brand new? I'm terrified that the same thing will happen now to my other pair.

On another note, do you think the red Seekings hoodie would be worth ("worth" being very loosely used here) the money based on the one you have?

One thing that threw me off about the red hoody

Why does it cost more than the hoodies with graphics?

razorfrazer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The seekings stuff looks great but i couldnt drop that much on an untested brand. Seems like they skipped the initial coming up stage of a mew brand and are trying to recoup those start up costs. To see their pricing so much higher than JE whos been at it for like 9 years is off putting. Plus the no return policy .

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The seekings stuff looks great but i couldnt drop that much on an untested brand. Seems like they skipped the initial coming up stage of a mew brand and are trying to recoup those start up costs. To see their pricing so much higher than JE whos been at it for like 9 years is off putting. Plus the no return policy .
It's odd how my reaction to these prices have numbed over the past year. I was at a stage where I thought $100 apc denim was expensive af just 2 years ago but saw someone post a fit pic of the midnight tie dye cargos on Reddit and boom started buying JE stuff on sale, and other 'expensive' brands on sale and then now I don't even wait for a sale on certain items that JE release anymore.
I remember bookmarking the Cinder hemi page on Saks and visiting the page every other day and being so happy when it went on sale lmao. The fashion inflation is a dangerous thing. The seekings stuff, yea it feels pricey but now it's not so ridiculous

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Staff online

Forum statistics