• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I have no clue what they use on practice shorts so I could be out of touch here lmao
It is the exact same zipper we have been using on Practice Shorts since they first dropped in 2019.

aJEfan

Reaction score
I don’t think anyone came out and said specifically they wanted these to make a statement, but it can be interpreted that way, when some act disappointed in what they ended up receiving in a pair of mesh shorts. I think JE took the Practice shorts, dialed down the fit, and dropped em in basic colors. That should have been the expectation, nothing more. We already knew we weren’t getting riri. Nothing that was promoted marketed these beyond that expectation. I had original practice shorts, and these are the same thing, but with a better fit, and basic colors. To be disappointed is a bit odd, unless your expectations were out of touch. Regardless, there are some flaws we can agree on. Maybe they’ll go back to the drawing board and drop different textures in future seasons. That should increase the premium feel and enhance the styling abilities of these shorts. Boucle?
I think the expectation comes with the 178 price tag. They could have marketed them the exact same way, but offered for a lower price point and expectation for quality would be lower. I own about 50 JE pieces and these rank as one of the biggest misses imo. I think those stocking up on 3+ of these are delusional. I’m returning my olive pair and hunting down olive cord shorts. I’d pay more for those and be way more satisfied.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the expectation comes with the 178 price tag. They could have marketed them the exact same way, but offered for a lower price point and expectation for quality would be lower. I own about 50 JE pieces and these rank as one of the biggest misses imo. I think those stocking up on 3+ of these are delusional. I’m returning my olive pair and hunting down olive cord shorts. I’d pay more for those and be way more satisfied.
Ok, but what were you trying to accomplish with basic, solid colored mesh shorts? Certainly it can’t be the same thing as what you would be trying to accomplish with Cord shorts. Why didn’t you just goto the Cord shorts from the start? The AAUs are the same irl as they are in all of the pics.

MichaelPatrick0

Reaction score
Might catch some heat for non je related, what are some other denim you guys all rock ? Outside of je ?

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure my account is bottom tier at best, and have got access to the ssense sale now. People should retry!

leclutchjames

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You see the one I posted where the lining was falling apart brand new? I'm terrified that the same thing will happen now to my other pair.

On another note, do you think the red Seekings hoodie would be worth ("worth" being very loosely used here) the money based on the one you have?
One thing that threw me off about the red hoody

Why does it cost more than the hoodies with graphics?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.