• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve got the red YL Mesh shorts and the color is awesome but the yellow tag on red just reminds me of McDonalds colors 🙈 Ive got to pop it off.
I feel like the tag clashes with other things I’m wearing. Like, if I want to wear a certain hat, or a certain pair of shoes that have an opposing color(s), it just bugs me. How are you gonna go about getting rid of it? It seems like we are stuck with it in there.

Edeezus

Reaction score
I’ve got the red YL Mesh shorts and the color is awesome but the yellow tag on red just reminds me of McDonalds colors 🙈 Ive got to pop it off.
I personally don’t mind the yellow tag but I can definitely see how it can look off for others. Nothing wrong with repping McDonald’s with your McMesh shorts either!

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm reading the messages incorrectly but I didn't think people were expecting these to be a fashion statement.

Agreed on the zip. Even if it was YKK I would be ok, but this is not the nice silver YKK you get on Acne Jeans or JE Bombers
I don’t think anyone came out and said specifically they wanted these to make a statement, but it can be interpreted that way, when some act disappointed in what they ended up receiving in a pair of mesh shorts. I think JE took the Practice shorts, dialed down the fit, and dropped em in basic colors. That should have been the expectation, nothing more. We already knew we weren’t getting riri. Nothing that was promoted marketed these beyond that expectation. I had original practice shorts, and these are the same thing, but with a better fit, and basic colors. To be disappointed is a bit odd, unless your expectations were out of touch. Regardless, there are some flaws we can agree on. Maybe they’ll go back to the drawing board and drop different textures in future seasons. That should increase the premium feel and enhance the styling abilities of these shorts. Boucle?

TCNY

Reaction score
for those with the yellow co shorts, I looked at it on the site, you can just cut the tag off and pull off the excess threads to the label.

TCNY

Reaction score
I don’t think anyone came out and said specifically they wanted these to make a statement, but it can be interpreted that way, when some act disappointed in what they ended up receiving in a pair of mesh shorts. I think JE took the Practice shorts, dialed down the fit, and dropped em in basic colors. That should have been the expectation, nothing more. We already knew we weren’t getting riri. Nothing that was promoted marketed these beyond that expectation. I had original practice shorts, and these are the same thing, but with a better fit, and basic colors. To be disappointed is a bit odd, unless your expectations were out of touch. Regardless, there are some flaws we can agree on. Maybe they’ll go back to the drawing board and drop different textures in future seasons. That should increase the premium feel and enhance the styling abilities of these shorts. Boucle?
IMO would love JE to break down the shorts like Noah does it, would really help justify paying $200 for mesh shorts, I've seen the same type of mesh cost at most 3.00 per yard.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for those with the yellow co shorts, I looked at it on the site, you can just cut the tag off and pull off the excess threads to the label.
Are you saying they discuss that on the site, or you’re just judging it by looking at them?

Dino12

Reaction score
do they gradually let people in for the ssense sale? or do we just have to wait for it to be public?

iamfudge

Reaction score
do they gradually let people in for the ssense sale? or do we just have to wait for it to be public?
there's a tier system: spending 5k+, 2k+, 1k+ grants different level of early access before public sale. at least that's what was in the email I received.

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
y'all scaring me with the flare talk, that's the ONE thing in shorts that I absolutely hate...

oh well, my 2 pairs are stuck in Netherlands anyway lmao

ggss09

Reaction score
I think if they cut a triangle at the hem of the shorts to prevent them from flaring out, most people would be happy; The zipper isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things but think a bit of disappointment is fair since JE generally uses the nicer YKK stuff instead of this more "affordable" range of YKK zips, at least in the products I own. I have no clue what they use on practice shorts so I could be out of touch here lmao

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Summer Loafers: With or Without Socks?

• With socks

• No socks

Results are only viewable after voting.