• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

flipsilk

Reaction score
does anyone here have the Smoking Shirt? Whats up with it? Confused about how it fits into the whole JE aesthetic...

ggss09

Reaction score
Something about riding around in a Honda Accord in a $1000+ sweatsuit feels a bit incongruent to me.

As long as you can afford whatever you're buying and still got a retirement plan that is well funded (and by that I mean you can retire reasonably early) and money set aside for your kids, etc. then who cares ??‍♂️ I know plenty of people who spend their money in one lane and don't care about other things; watch enthusiasts come to mind

ggss09

Reaction score
whats the reason for practice shorts >> game shorts? is that the elastic stripe that makes game shorts inferior?

I think the length of the game shorts is probably going to be an issue for anyone who isn't too tall, but I personally think the design of the game shorts is superior.

I'm 6'1 and heres an old pic for reference on length
B0CEAC7C-2E2F-4F19-B57A-E9860A769731.jpeg

razorfrazer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Keep it. The forum bullied me into liking it. And I love it now lol
As long as you can afford whatever you're buying and still got a retirement plan that is well funded (and by that I mean you can retire reasonably early) and money set aside for your kids, etc. then who cares ??‍♂️ I know plenty of people who spend their money in one lane and don't care about other things; watch enthusiasts come to mind

I agree. Im also a watch enthusiast... JE has been a more recent hobby. I buy / sell a lot.

i like nice cars like everyone but i hate expensive maintenance.You can only have soo many interests. :).

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most real watch enthusiast can probably sell few of their watches and have their kids set for education so I would not say watches are a bad thing at all.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man I have had the same car for 9 years ???
I had the same car for 12 until this year.

Still ran great. Gave it to my brother so he had a “beater” for the city.

Only reason we got a new car was because we needed more room for all my jawns... scratch that... for my KIDZ JAWNZ

razorfrazer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Buying expensive (German made) cars is more of a suckers game than anything.

I lost so much money when I was into cars. You never reclaim what you put into them.

Most of my JE play money comes from trading watches (or doing jiu jitsu private lessons) . Watch markets are insane right now. You can buy a Rolex and almost guarantee to sell it for a few thousand dollars profit in a year or two while getting to wear and enjoy it.

a feline mage

Reaction score
I agree. Im also a watch enthusiast... JE has been a more recent hobby. I buy / sell a lot.

i like nice cars like everyone but i hate expensive maintenance.You can only have soo many interests. :).

If you like nice cars but hate German maint prices, get a Lexus. ES350s are basically luxury Camrys/Avalons and they're bulletproof. I actually went from an Accord coupe to an ES350 and couldn't be happier.

Accords are also nice though! Drive that till it dies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads