1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Senior member

It's just heavier. And a tad thicker. Honestly unless u are a material nut and care about the process and all that kind of nerd stuff ..and just really into it, then just save yourself some money.

The fact that u are asking about it then I would suggest to you to save a 100 bucks or however much. But if u like those little details then spend away!

2. GTFan712

GTFan712 Senior member

The material is not the same, and the Flight Jacket is made in USA. I've had mine since the original release and have had zero issues with quality or construction.

3. adammb9

adammb9 Well-Known Member

Medium what classic crew and medium black u neck tees brand new still with tags on letting go for under retail individually or package deal PM me

4. n5ek5

n5ek5 Senior member

Perfect, I hadn't seen any complaints so I was thinking there were no issues. Thanks for reassuring me.

5. Vindeleon90

Vindeleon90 Senior member

damn i placed my order Wednesday the week of black friday and didn't get a RDV book

6. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Senior member

7. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Olive bomber just came in. It's really really rad. I hope the flight jackets become a staple item in different fabrics.

2 people like this.
  8. sussi

sussi Senior member

Anyone located in Europe interested in black Expo Tee in Large. I just got in my black Friday order, but don't like the fit. Will stick with curve u-necks.

9. funx0rs

funx0rs Member

Has the sizing and cut on many of these pieces stayed consistent at all? Reason asking -
    I was able to score a Villain Crew from a acquaintance online for a steal after a discussion of the Black Friday sale.

Based on the measurements I went with an XXL but it definitely fits slightly looser than I like. The main difference is that the neckline is significantly wider than it looks in current photos. I had never made a JE purchase so I took the deal with the recommendation to "size up if you're on the fence"

Just curious really - still waiting on my Black Friday purchases and I have a feeling most of them will be headed off to grailed unfortunately if the sizing on this older crew is any indication.

[​IMG]

10. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

First run of villain crews had a wide neck, almost like a boat neck. Then they tightened it up a bit (was still more relaxed than a regular crew though), and iirc they tightened it up again and that's how it currently fits. It def looks like you got an older version. Was it from revolve by any chance?

11. funx0rs

funx0rs Member

I bought it it second hand from a friend on Facebook (65 shipped), but I'm not sure where he originally got it. Thanks for the information!

12. johnelliottfan

johnelliottfan Senior member

Wow that's a lot different then the way it is cut now. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the neck the same on a Villain Crew and a Fishtail crew nowadays?

13. benzemania

benzemania New Member

Hey guys, great thread!

Not new to JE but my sizing changes constantly because of gym workouts. I recently went XL on Mercer Tank and Villain hoodies and they fit great, but I have size Large Curve U-Necks (I stretch them out) and wanted to know in your experience if the XL U-Necks fit looser than Mercer Tank/Villain hoodie or should I stick to XL next time I order U-Necks?

I've tried on Large Mercer Tee and it fits much slimmer than my Unecks. I don't know if you guys agree.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  14. ThomSquared

ThomSquared Senior member

Wow, never really had a bad experience with JE before, but they have had almost $400 tied up in unfulfilled orders with zero status and zero response via e-mail for 12 days, all of the items are of course out of stock (I bought all of them at midnight on the dot) so they may as well just tell me it's cancelled. Doubt I will order again, they really shit the bed on the Black Friday stuff. Fucking Joke.

15. Bimmer93

Bimmer93 Senior member

Yep. Same boat. Somehow people overseas have received their order, yet my Black Friday order to the US still hasn't shipped. The updates are useless too - I was told everyday since Tuesday of last week that it would be shipping that day, but still nothing.

Horrible planning and clearly did not account for any ramp at the warehouse. In no way should it take nearly 2 weeks to fulfill an order.

16. sussi

sussi Senior member

I am sure it has quilting on the back, right? :)

17. rbroseph

rbroseph Senior member

Same boat, probably won't receive it until after Christmas depending on the hold up at customs, and that's IF it gets shipped out soon.

18. funx0rs

funx0rs Member

Nope, no quilting on this one.

19. johnelliottfan

johnelliottfan Senior member

Could it be that they still have the items you purchased but they just have not shipped out your order yet? I mean of course they are out of stock for purchase for new customers, but the product that you purchased should have been most likely set aside for your order.

I too am waiting on confirmation e-mail for a Black Friday purchase (herringbone charcoal m65 among other things) and I have a feeling that they don't have any more of them either but then I would have expected an e-mail telling me my order is cancelled.

20. funx0rs

funx0rs Member

I'm new to JE but I made my first order with the pre-sale. When the additional sale items went up, and a similar villain hoodie to the one I had initially ordered was included, they were kind enough to cancel my first order in favor of my second. I thought the service was great. Shipping was a little slow, but that's to be expected with a massive Black Friday sale. My stuff will be in tomorrow.