• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Lovemybed

Reaction score
I actually like the distressed cashmere sweater. I would definitely prefer it without the distressing, but it's different. Definitely have my eye on it. 🤷‍♂️

I actually like a lot of the stuff out, sans the Foggy II length. The prices are too high for what I'd like to spend, but compared to JE's peers I think his prices are actually lower.

However, you can see the drastic increase in retail prices, but I guess that's expected. Up to the consumer to hold off or purchase, which sets the demand. No one is forcing anyone to purchase at these prices.

Also, as others noted the sample sales were probably this year's "BF deals"

Bimmer93

Reaction score
Came in here to say Happy Thanksgiving. We actually have something planned specifically for this forum, not entirely sure you guys would appreciate it. Some of the comments here are 🤷🏻‍♂️.
Mike, you’re a great friend to this community and ambassador of the brand. We appreciate all that you do. Many people on this forum have been with the brand for a long time. And the fact is, it is not the same brand. Nothing wrong with that, as the newer direction may appeal to a different base. There was a time when everything was simple, high quality, and timeless to fill a wardrobe. That has fallen off significantly. There was also a time when it was news for JE to release a color (everyone would be pumped for a different shade of navy, like the midnight collection). I’d say the current iteration of the brand is a far departure from that, and it’s not surprising to be met with resistance and feedback.

Lovemybed

Reaction score
Mike, you’re a great friend to this community and ambassador of the brand. We appreciate all that you do. Many people on this forum have been with the brand for a long time. And the fact is, it is not the same brand. Nothing wrong with that, as the newer direction may appeal to a different base. There was a time when everything was simple, high quality, and timeless to fill a wardrobe. That has fallen off significantly. There was also a time when it was news for JE to release a color (everyone would be pumped for a different shade of navy, like the midnight collection). I’d say the current iteration of the brand is a far departure from that, and it’s not surprising to be met with resistance and feedback.
Genuine question though, don't they still offer all those timeless, simple items such a tees, denim, sweats, hoodies etc? They have just branched off and added things that are a bit more "creative" or "out there"

Xam

Reaction score
Last year's sales did start off pretty lame, but in the final day / hours they slashed prices and had some pretty great deals. I can't remember the exact prices, but mainline denim, university tees, and other staples were heavily discounted. It ruffled a lot of feathers from people that paid more a few hours earlier lol.

Just something to keep in mind if they don't start off that great again.
Going to leave this here again, getting a bit of deja vu. Voicing valid criticism with the state of the brand is one thing, but this swirl of negativity was clearly inspired by the lack of killer deals lol. Give it some time.

If I could ask @MIKE_JE one thing...roughly what time should I be glued to my computer lol?

jclark216

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like @marcus-chi mentioned earlier, I think some of the pieces are super trendy. Tie Dye, vintage pieces, distress sweaters etc. Now the leather program and denim are amazing. Honestly I think the feedback we are giving might be a little harsh to some, I just think we are making jokes out of disappointment. No disrespect to anymore. We clearly are still here ready to cop new stuff.

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha yea, student loans. Through great lakes payments were suspended from like April through January, which has been nice (hence my splurge purchase of the leather escobars...), but those torturous monthly payments are approaching once again...

Bimmer93

Reaction score
Genuine question though, don't they still offer all those timeless, simple items such a tees, denim, sweats, hoodies etc? They have just branched off and added things that are a bit more "creative" or "out there"
I’d say no. Yes, they have tshirts, jeans, sweaters, etc. but they are all altered with some polarizing feature like rips, paint, aggressive/odd fits.

IChen

Reaction score
I’d say no. Yes, they have tshirts, jeans, sweaters, etc. but they are all altered with some polarizing feature like rips, paint, aggressive/odd fits.
I wouldn't say all but most, like 20/80 vs. 80/20 in the past I feel

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Work From Home: What's Your Attire?

• PJs & Slippers

• Cozy loungewear

• Casual outfit (wool cardigan, chinos, etc)

• Suit or sport coat and dress trousers

Results are only viewable after voting.