• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

aJEfan

Reaction score
Any of you guys having sizing issues with the Midnight Camo polar fleece?

I bought a L and XL to compare. The Large fits well on the fleece side but is way too tight on the nylon reverse side. XL is the opposite. Fleece looks a little big but the reverse fits perfectly. I don't have them on me but will need to post sizing pics for reference. Debating if I should just go with a L since I doubt I'll use the nylon side often.

Re-posting my previous comment. For those who own the polar fleece, what size did you go with and do you use the reverse side much? TYIA!

jclark216

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got sz m & l from ssense and returned both. Maybe it's an unpopular opinion but the wash was way less impressive in person vs. JE's product photography
Oh really. Yeah we know JE photos can sometimes. I see sell and item

Kombucha

Reaction score
Oh really. Yeah we know JE photos can sometimes. I see sell and item

Yeah, I get it; product photography is part of the marketing vertical haha.
I also thought that the yuba thumper would be like the kichi with shearling, but the neckline is a corduroy-like material. The inside of the jacket is padding too, it's not denim. Definitely a warm fall (or los angeles-winter) piece.

Grahamlouis

Reaction score
Hate to be that guy, but I was one of the few whose VIP discount code worked in that 6 minute window where you could use it on things that are excluded...didn’t want to post until I had my items in hand. WI’ll post fit pics soon

Folsom Thermal - M
BDB07116-33C1-4D9D-9DC7-8F9401BB0DDA.jpeg
Desert Camo Tie Dye Cargo - S (sized down cause I wanted a tighter fit, my TTS is 31)
F382722E-510A-46BE-89A6-BFEDDA55EAF2.jpeg

Lovemybed

Reaction score
Re-posting my previous comment. For those who own the polar fleece, what size did you go with and do you use the reverse side much? TYIA!

TTS. If you have the fleece size inside it will be tighter. Just the nature of the jacket. Also I’ve noticed the fit of certain fleeces being slightly different but not by too much. Different patterns have different material composition for whatever reason.

The JE fleeces are cool, nothing amazing. You’re paying more for the pattern/uniqueness.

jclark216

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I get it; product photography is part of the marketing vertical haha.
I also thought that the yuba thumper would be like the kichi with shearling, but the neckline is a corduroy-like material. The inside of the jacket is padding too, it's not denim. Definitely a warm fall (or los angeles-winter) piece.
Yeah I’m here for the cord collar is padding. I’m in the cold Midwest. I remember Ralph Lauren made a jacket like this years ago (not padded). Maybe I’m chasing the ghost of that lol

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hate to be that guy, but I was one of the few whose VIP discount code worked in that 6 minute window where you could use it on things that are excluded...didn’t want to post until I had my items in hand. WI’ll post fit pics soon

Folsom Thermal - M
View attachment 1503936
Desert Camo Tie Dye Cargo - S (sized down cause I wanted a tighter fit, my TTS is 31)
View attachment 1503937
dope man!
i'm still looking for the midnight tie dye cargos in smalls if anyone knows where to source it..

Lextino

Reaction score
Yeah I’m here for the cord collar is padding. I’m in the cold Midwest. I remember Ralph Lauren made a jacket like this years ago (not padded). Maybe I’m chasing the ghost of that lol
It’s fire a jacket bro I think you will like it. has similar fit to the dale thumper. The color is a lil darker in person but still nice.. reminds me of an old carhartt work jacket ..

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know a lot of us are upset about the cut from the foggy 2, but isn’t it the same as the last boucle sweater? That **** was mad cropped as well.

aJEfan

Reaction score
TTS. If you have the fleece size inside it will be tighter. Just the nature of the jacket. Also I’ve noticed the fit of certain fleeces being slightly different but not by too much. Different patterns have different material composition for whatever reason.

The JE fleeces are cool, nothing amazing. You’re paying more for the pattern/uniqueness.

Thanks for the feedback. This is specifically the midnight camo fleece. Do you wear the fleece inside often? Because half the reason I copped was for the reversibility, but I'm thinking maybe just stick with a L since I'll probably mostly wear it fleece outside.

Lovemybed

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. This is specifically the midnight camo fleece. Do you wear the fleece inside often? Because half the reason I copped was for the reversibility, but I'm thinking maybe just stick with a L since I'll probably mostly wear it fleece outside.

I don’t own the midnight camo, but I doubt there’s much difference between last season’s fleeces and this season’s

I don’t wear the fleece lining inside. I actually wish the entire jacket was fleece and not reversible. I purchased the fleeces more for the unique patterns so wearing them inside is pointless for me.

You should stick with TTS.

jclark216

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s fire a jacket bro I think you will like it. has similar fit to the dale thumper. The color is a lil darker in person but still nice.. reminds me of an old carhartt work jacket ..
Yeah that’s what I’m looking for. The old carhartt joint. Do you have pics?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads