John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. paajdi

paajdi Well-Known Member

Hope there will be enough of the Charcoal Villain hoodies online so I can cop one. I'm in the UK and have been hoping they eventually come out so I can place a big order all at once.

Also on my list are the Mercer tees in co-mix grey and olive.

2. LuckyG61

LuckyG61 Active Member

Has anyone sized down in shirts? I wear an M in villains and it's perfect; I couldn't work with a small. I prefer my silk blend in M as well as it doesn't naturally drape like the regular shirts. However, I don't prefer the elongated look as much, and I have a couple crew shirts in medium which honestly fit good, but I wouldn't mind them being just slightly shorter. It looks fine, but I prefer my shirts to be a little shorter than that. I wanted to place a large order, but being in Canada, exchanges are out of the question so I was hoping someone could steer me in the right direction. I checked out measurements on the site and the variance doesn't seem too significant. I'm 5'10", 170ish. Is a small reasonable if that's the look I'd prefer? Obviously I don't want anything too tight or small, but there's give in my medium shirts and the small is only an inch shorter so I'm thinking it should be good.

Also, do the co-mix shirts have the same drapey feel and relaxed fit as the other regular shirts? I find the silk blend to differ in fit from the basic shirts.

Sorry for a sizing related question; much appreciated to whomever can chime in. Thanks a lot.

3. helvete

helvete Well-Known Member

I love the charcoal colorway but with my experience I have found that the color really "bleeds" when you wash it (I've handwashed my long sleeve u-neck once) and the color on the chest looks slightly lighter now than the arms. LOL. Oh well, maybe I did something wrong?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015

4. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

The Co-Mix is a slightly heavier knit and feels and drapes differently than our other tees. I would be a little concerned with the fit of a small on you. The length is not an issue at 5'10" but the chest and shoulder are probably going to be at 170 lbs. Unless you want a tight look, I would generally advise to stick to a medium at your height / weight.

5. GTFan712

GTFan712 Senior member

Glad to see it's more of a Light Grey vs. Off-White. Will grab a Mercer and Crew.

6. Gutiinthebooty

Gutiinthebooty Well-Known Member

How is the sizing of the Hooded Rebel Longsleeve compared to the hooded villain? The measurements are larger in the chest on JE's website. Size down from the villain?

7. Vindeleon90

Vindeleon90 Senior member

i own the moon mercer/moon shorts. it def isn't that dark of a gray

8. Vindeleon90

Vindeleon90 Senior member

Actually nvm lol took this pic to compare white moon and grey [​IMG]

9. ejz2590

ejz2590 Well-Known Member

Definitely picking up the Charcoal Villain! I'm contemplating the Midnight Blue Escobars, however, I am unsure of which size to purchase as this will be my first Escobar pick up. I'm 5'5'' 145lbs.

10. LuckyG61

LuckyG61 Active Member

Thanks for the insight. I figured the chest and shoulder could be an issue. Like I said, I definitely have some give in the medium, but I certainly don't want a tight fit in those areas. I'm fairly confident a small would work based on how the medium fits, but you're right in that a medium is probably ideal for my size. I wish an option for international exchanges was still a possibility (at my expense, understandably) but I get that it's not exactly feasible. Thanks again for your help; appreciate the quick response and suggestion.

11. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

For those of you in New York City this weekend...the Midnight Collection will be available to purchase.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015

12. bmb1243

bmb1243 Member

Anyone have a hooded villian in sand size medium they would like to get rid of?

13. GTFan712

GTFan712 Senior member

Thank you! I was just about to ask for a comparison shot. Moon looks awesome.

14. Gutiinthebooty

Gutiinthebooty Well-Known Member

can you show a pic of how it fits? preferably compared to the hooded villain? thanks.

15. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

@JohnElliottCo Is the grey 41 overshirt (or some new colours) ever getting a restock or has it been effectively replaced by the snap overshirt?