• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BigRed

Reaction score
I’ll save you the trouble this time...

The AJ1 are super dope....sadly obviously most people on this forum don’t know them

See my drunken “D bag” comment is the gift that keeps giving!! Lol ? However I’m sorry that I made your shoe game forever synonymous with it!! Haha

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know the country these products are being manufactured in is becoming a bigger deal by the drop, but the Hemi’s are made in China and everyone loves those.

Cuttooth

Reaction score
Being made in China definitely doesn't mean something can't be very well made, but it would be nice to have more insight on the manufacturing process given the stigmas. That's not to say labor practices are perfect everywhere else, which they aren't. $800 for a fleece seems a bit ridiculous though no matter how you slice it (although personally I only think the white one looks decent).

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So is the issue more so we are all so use to Made in LA/Japan w/ JE, that Made in China isn’t thought of as cool or as high quality, OR is it because of China’s government/social situation? If it’s the latter, I mean, there’s probably a ton of stuff we all have that’s made in China that we aren’t even aware of. It’s just the way it is with global business and manufacturing.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The issue for me is with cost, not quality. I don't think anyone can argue that labor is cheaper in China, not to mention work conditions in some places there are terrible. I can justify spending more for something made in US as wages are higher, we want the worker making it to be paid a livable wage.

A high retail price for a made in China item, is seen as padding the pocket book of the brand. Have you seen/heard how much Nike's cost to make versus how much they retail for? The flyknits were known to cost like $5 to make and sell for $150+.

I don't feel MIC products are inferior to those made in America, it comes down to quality control. Either way I'm not paying $800 for a fleece.

Last edited:

Lovemybed

Reaction score
The issue I have with JE fleece is that the interior isn’t fleece. I know some people like this, but for me it defeats the purpose of a fleece. Personal preference. I love JE fleece patterns though.

Anyway, not to be a hater, but this fleece will go on significant discount, like all the other fleeces.

WhaleShark

Reaction score
Grocery shopping in the apocalypse. Hope everybody is staying safe and healthy today.

Old olive Expo and Cast 1.

Attachments

• 8E3CE98E-15B4-4481-9970-EE8A4040F151.jpeg
    8E3CE98E-15B4-4481-9970-EE8A4040F151.jpeg
    180.4 KB · Views: 93
  • 736F63D1-F7F7-4966-8FB9-E620849A9B73.jpeg
    736F63D1-F7F7-4966-8FB9-E620849A9B73.jpeg
    246.5 KB · Views: 91

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The issue for me is with cost, not quality. I don't think anyone can argue that labor is cheaper in China, not to mention work conditions in some places there are terrible. I can justify spending more for something made in US as wages are higher, we want the worker making it to be paid a livable wage.

A high retail price for a made in China item, is seen as padding the pocket book of the brand. Have you seen/heard how much Nike's cost to make versus how much they retail for? The flyknits were known to cost like $5 to make and sell for $150+.

I don't feel MIC products are inferior to those made in America, it comes down to quality control. Either way I'm not paying $800 for a fleece.

No ****, regarding Nike ?. Who doesn’t know that!? I prefer Made in USA and Made in Japan as well, but to criticize a company, based on their cost to make and cost they sale for is quite ridiculous. If quality was the issue, I would understand, ie YKK vs RiRi.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads