• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Please visit ou very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are posted, including the latest, updated, very comprehensive, Styleforum Black Friday Sales List

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

jclark216

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess it matters, holes = vintage in this case.
What I mean by that is, it’s all about placement of holes. Amiri literally take a shotgun and shoots pellets at the shirt. There isn’t any care to wear the holes are placed.
JE I’m guessing is trying to replicate the distressing of a vintage shirt or hoodie. So the holes are placed along the collars and sleeves, along any pockets, maybe a few randomly on the chest, etc etc.

So I think there is a difference
Wait this is news to be. Amiri does what?!! Lol. But yes I agree a lot of vintage pieces starts to show wear around the collar etc.

spikefugazi

Reaction score
Vintage is in for sure. But, the holes throughout the tee/hoodie are really just a take on what Amiri has been doing for years.
And what Amira has been doing for years was also done by Abercrombie & Fitch for years. Holes in clothing is nothing new in the fashion world. Distressed has always been a thing.

spikefugazi

Reaction score
People are some fanboys for acting like these hats are innovations. 47 Brand's been making hats in these washes for a good while; you can find them blank. Other brands have been doing it, too. A basic cotton-canvas twill hat shouldn't cost a whole $98 even if you're paying for fair wages. At this point, you're just paying for the name.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And what Amira has been doing for years was also done by Abercrombie & Fitch for years. Holes in clothing is nothing new in the fashion world. Distressed has always been a thing.
Kinda made my point. Thanks.

EhVos

Reaction score
People are some fanboys for acting like these hats are innovations. 47 Brand's been making hats in these washes for a good while; you can find them blank. Other brands have been doing it, too. A basic cotton-canvas twill hat shouldn't cost a whole $98 even if you're paying for fair wages. At this point, you're just paying for the name.
+ 1 for 47, have a washed navy and its awesome. was 25 cad too

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A good fitting hat is an innovation. A lot of brands don’t do it well. And not all head shapes are created equal.
Outlier made a wonderful hat, that was shallow. They put a lot of effort into getting the paneling right so they could remove the squatchee (the button on top). Believe it or not, that squatchee on top served a purpose, it covered the hole of the panels so they didn’t have to be perfectly aligned.
Anyway there are advancements and “innovations” in hats. If this is a hat that is actually shallow, then that’s a win in my book.

philmo84

Reaction score
A good fitting hat is an innovation. A lot of brands don’t do it well. And not all head shapes are created equal.
Outlier made a wonderful hat, that was shallow. They put a lot of effort into getting the paneling right so they could remove the squatchee (the button on top). Believe it or not, that squatchee on top served a purpose, it covered the hole of the panels so they didn’t have to be perfectly aligned.
Anyway there are advancements and “innovations” in hats. If this is a hat that is actually shallow, then that’s a win in my book.
Agreed but I’m actually hoping it’s not too shallow. I’ve really liked the fit of the kith hats.

Nike and new era dad style hats are too shallow and better for rounder shape faces unlike mine.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed but I’m actually hoping it’s not too shallow. I’ve really liked the fit of the kith hats.

Nike and new era dad style hats are too shallow and better for rounder shape faces unlike mine.
Need to start incorporating more stretch in hats

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami