• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thatguyjlar

Reaction score
Just got the raws off the clothesline, so it’s time for an update. 15-16ish months and I don’t even remember how many washes anymore. Crotch hole forming; this is the longest I’ve had a pair of raws without a blowout. Right pocket just about completely separated and unusable. Left pocket has a hole inside and untrustworthy. These jeans are dope, but quickly becoming unwearable. Deciding whether to repair or just let them get more busted. 10/10 would cop again.

Attachments

• 08119E3C-3512-472B-872B-5363FED38D60.jpeg
    08119E3C-3512-472B-872B-5363FED38D60.jpeg
    329.2 KB · Views: 93
  • 15C63E17-1710-447F-98F8-ADE0C6F29136.jpeg
    15C63E17-1710-447F-98F8-ADE0C6F29136.jpeg
    293.8 KB · Views: 74
  • 4827BCDE-6E1F-4454-B7EA-24A0DCAEB7EB.jpeg
    4827BCDE-6E1F-4454-B7EA-24A0DCAEB7EB.jpeg
    267.1 KB · Views: 87

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got the raws off the clothesline, so it’s time for an update. 15-16ish months and I don’t even remember how many washes anymore. Crotch hole forming; this is the longest I’ve had a pair of raws without a blowout. Right pocket just about completely separated and unusable. Left pocket has a hole inside and untrustworthy. These jeans are dope, but quickly becoming unwearable. Deciding whether to repair or just let them get more busted. 10/10 would cop again.

Move on...Start beating the Graphite’s.

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its not about being adamant, it’s about reading the description of the goods and then deciding whether to buy them for that aesthetic or not.

Its idiotic to buy a pair of jeans, ignoring what the designer has come up with (which is a relaxed fit pair of jeans in this case) and deciding to wear a different size to change the look! What’s the point?! Just buy something thats designed to do what it does.

It’s like buying Saint Laurent D02’s or one of their tees, which are classically skinny with cropped tees and buying way over your size just because it’s SLP.

Ummm...

Attachments

• JE.png
    JE.png
    199.8 KB · Views: 86

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bro, that mask is covering your eye. Anyway, good outfit! Colors are fire. I'm hoping for another JE x MARS collaboration.
Lol, that’s just the phone. And yeah, I’ve been hoping for another jewelry collection

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn that sucks about Need Supply. I wonder how much of the decision was due to the social media backlash over their post about BLM. I get that having a B&M store would lose a lot of viability going forward but I thought they would be ok being online only.

spikefugazi

Reaction score
Damn that sucks about Need Supply. I wonder how much of the decision was due to the social media backlash over their post about BLM. I get that having a B&M store would lose a lot of viability going forward but I thought they would be ok being online only.
I missed out on the social media backlash. What exactly did they post?

Edit: Went ahead and looked at their posts. For those of you wondering, they didn't post anything controversial (just the usual blackout posts and a bit of social justice educational info). Customers and maybe employees were calling out their questionable business practices, mostly to do with customer service towards black customers.

Last edited:

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I missed out on the social media backlash. What exactly did they post?

They made a post in support of BLM but people criticized them because they didn't include any steps on how to support the cause, fight racism, etc. There were also claims how they weren't inclusive in their hiring, how they treated employees and customers not very well but I don't know how much of that is true.

I thought the post was pretty generic and a company the size of Need probably doesn't have a public relations team or anyone capable of writing politically charged posts well. I probably couldn't have done better. Social media is a cancer, people ***** and whine about everything.

spikefugazi

Reaction score
They made a post in support of BLM but people criticized them because they didn't include any steps on how to support the cause, fight racism, etc. There were also claims how they weren't inclusive in their hiring, how they treated employees and customers not very well but I don't know how much of that is true.

I thought the post was pretty generic and a company the size of Need probably doesn't have a public relations team or anyone capable of writing politically charged posts well. I probably couldn't have done better. Social media is a cancer, people ***** and whine about everything.
I went ahead and looked at their Instagram page for myself. Edited my last post to reflect that.

Being followed in stores is a tough one. Yes, it's uncomfortable, but we don't know how much of that has to do with race versus just part of training to push sales onto the customer. Having worked in retail before, I've been pressured by my manager to stay on customers, getting them to buy something. Of course I hated it because I knew it was a pushy tactic that not all customers appreciate. Some feel bad that they're NOT being followed around and asked if they need help every few minutes. They call it racism and elitism that they're being "ignored" when, really, maybe employees just want to give them space to shop in peace. Retail is hard because customers will always assume the worst regardless of what you do.

Truth is, most of the time, employees don't even care if customers steal. We're not getting paid enough to hound customers, seeing if they're stealing or not. We just don't want our managers, who watch the cameras, to lecture us on why we didn't pester customers enough. If it weren't for that, we wouldn't bother putting in the effort to protect the assets of a company that doesn't truly care about us. It's not always about race. The company's primary goal is to make sales; we're just following that.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea Need was hit hard on IG comments. I didn't think their post was bad either. I agree on working retail, they don't treat employees well in general and you get commission in selling stuff so it incentivizes you to be helpful with customers. While some managers might be racist IME employees were treated equally badly irregardless of skin color.

I don't know their finances but I don't think Need was killing it financially even before the pandemic. To expect a company to donate to the cause isn't right, it's not like they're making tens or hundreds of millions of dollars in profit like big stores/brands. To me it's a case of people bitching and whining on social media.

Thatguyjlar

Reaction score
Yea Need was hit hard on IG comments. I didn't think their post was bad either. I agree on working retail, they don't treat employees well in general and you get commission in selling stuff so it incentivizes you to be helpful with customers. While some managers might be racist IME employees were treated equally badly irregardless of skin color.

I don't know their finances but I don't think Need was killing it financially even before the pandemic. To expect a company to donate to the cause isn't right, it's not like they're making tens or hundreds of millions of dollars in profit like big stores/brands. To me it's a case of people bitching and whining on social media.
for real. Systemic racism, inequality and injustice is embedded in the very core of this nation’s history and present. It’s despicable and it needs to end. But some piece of human trash cops murder a man in cold blood and people are mad a clothing store isn’t doing enough? Maybe it’s an educational deficiency on my part (please correct me if so), but what could anyone have reasonably expected from them, honestly? I mean hell, as much as I love JE, a part of me can’t help but feel like this whole 25% off and 10% to UCLA is (in part) a way to increase sells and avoid offering returns to stay afloat during this pandemic. No shade intended, just my subjective speculation. Hopefully anyone who’s outraged (and you should be) spends that energy going to the voting booth, volunteering with campaigns, protesting, making calls, donating your own money, etc.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads