• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LA heat >>>>> SF heat. LA is just unrelenting. I’m in SF at the moment and I can def put on a pair of sweats and a tee and be fine outdoors during the day. In LA I’d be cooking and wearing sweats outdoors is just a nonstarter
not inland Bay Area. I live in Livermore and the heat is on par if not hotter than la

g_sihota

Reaction score
Makes sense the LA sweats are 16 ounce, I never got why they named it LA when it's 26 ounces and you can only wear it in SoCal for like 1.5 seasons tops.

Re: the fit, is the model really wearing size large? They don't really look relaxed on the skinny model. Unless it's just the way it drapes versus the 26 ounce version
The LA sweats are not that "relaxed" in my experience. I'd still consider them a slim fit, just not as skinny as Rios/Escos, at least with the 26oz version.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not often that ALD produces unbranded basics and in my experience it’s a great alternative to JE. Still however their sweatpants are too loose for me and they don’t have that tight elastic band around the ankle that makes JE’s more superior. The ALD Tee’s and sweatshirts are definitely well done though.
Are the ALD uniform sweats looser than the LA ones in the same size? They both look slim in the pics. Debating whether I should size up or look at another brand for a looser fit

nick227

Reaction score
Are the ALD uniform sweats looser than the LA ones in the same size? They both look slim in the pics. Debating whether I should size up or look at another brand for a looser fit
I can't speak on the Uniform specifically, but I had last season's iteration of the sweats, as well as an older pair of Camper sweats, and they were much bigger than LA sweats lol.

My LA sweats are an S, and I could definitely do an M if I wanted it even baggier - the waist wouldn't be too huge if I tied it. The ALD sweats in S were pretty roomy honestly to the point that it was annoying to keep them at my waist even if I tied it. Fit in through the leg was slightly roomier too.

razorfrazer

Reaction score
I can't speak on the Uniform specifically, but I had last season's iteration of the sweats, as well as an older pair of Camper sweats, and they were much bigger than LA sweats lol.

My LA sweats are an S, and I could definitely do an M if I wanted it even baggier - the waist wouldn't be too huge if I tied it. The ALD sweats in S were pretty roomy honestly to the point that it was annoying to keep them at my waist even if I tied it. Fit in through the leg was slightly roomier too.
Whats your Cast 2 size / weight ? ?

nick227

Reaction score
Whats your Cast 2 size / weight ? ?
Sz 30, 5'9 170lbs. To be honest I'm not sure I could go down to an XS in the ALD sweats though, it might just be something I have to deal with lol. FWIW ALD shorts fit me well in S across the board, and I could even go up to an M over an XS in those.

razorfrazer

Reaction score
how are you fitting into small la sweats ? I tried small escobars and i couldnt even fit into them. cast 2 size 28, 140lbs

Bimmer93

Reaction score
We are not done with 26 oz. fabric. It is an easy and obvious transition for us to offer best selling silhouettes in our mainline fabrication. We distinguished the terry weight by price. As much as the SF crew here may be disappointed in this particular release, many people wanted a lighter weight option. We love 26 oz. too!
I fundamentally disagree with the point “it is an easy and obvious transition”. Sure you may be able to cut the fabric in the same pattern, but the whole appeal of this silhouette was the weight and stacking. Swapping in some thin, droopy terry is a disservice to the customer base (many who will not even notice the subtle change in the description). And clearly, the hope and expectation was for 26oz. from nearly everyone on this forum and instagram comments. Why tarnish a great product under the guise of an easy transition to mainline terry? If a cut works better with a certain weight, I don’t see the need to pump it out in all kinds of fabric weights which ultimately result in an inferior product.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I fundamentally disagree with the point “it is an easy and obvious transition”. Sure you may be able to cut the fabric in the same pattern, but the whole appeal of this silhouette was the weight and stacking. Swapping in some thin, droopy terry is a disservice to the customer base (many who will not even notice the subtle change in the description). And clearly, the hope and expectation was for 26oz. from nearly everyone on this forum and instagram comments. Why tarnish a great product under the guise of an easy transition to mainline terry? If a cut works better with a certain weight, I don’t see the need to pump it out in all kinds of fabric weights which ultimately result in an inferior product.
We have already offered LA Sweatpants in other terry fabrications. IE. Carnival, etc. Apologies if you were confused by this - as stated many customers (including myself) wanted this option. We priced them for less accordingly and addressed it in the description. This is not the only style that has different variations within the parent name. We like this cut in general and will continue to offer it in different fabrications (including 26 oz.) Appreciate you and this forum - what in your eyes is inferior is something that is available as a mainline product due to demand, and costs less accordingly.

mgrail

Reaction score
We have already offered LA Sweatpants in other terry fabrications. IE. Carnival, etc. Apologies if you were confused by this - as stated many customers (including myself) wanted this option. We priced them for less accordingly and addressed it in the description. This is not the only style that has different variations within the parent name. We like this cut in general and will continue to offer it in different fabrications (including 26 oz.) Appreciate you and this forum - what in your eyes is inferior is something that is available as a mainline product due to demand, and costs less accordingly.
Any sort of estimate on when we can expect to the 26oz. fabric make a return? For the LA Sweatpants, but even for other products as well

nick227

Reaction score
how are you fitting into small la sweats ? I tried small escobars and i couldnt even fit into them. cast 2 size 28, 140lbs
Not sure haha. Escos I definitely need an M, and they're pretty slim even at that. My Sochi's are an S, they were kind of snug at first but fit great now. I have a feeling the the M would have bagged out too much for my liking.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Truly doing our best here to offer this silhouette at an appropriate price for Mainline, and continue to offer it in more colors through existing fabrications. We like to fill holes in our own closet and love this style, wanted it offered in mainline Terry (as I've said before, many others did to, although it only seems like a few here!). We're taking nothing away from you by offering both. Yes, it will return in 26 oz. at some point with other products. No - I don't know when yet. It's almost July.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.