• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
B5E2ABB8-5172-4689-913E-571BEC16481C.png

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im not a fan of really any of JE's prints. other than the bougainvillea prints, I find most of them to look really juvenile... just my opinion

In general, the brand has taken on a more juvenile look.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im not a fan of really any of JE's prints. other than the bougainvillea prints, I find most of them to look really juvenile... just my opinion
They’ve had some good ones, the poppy, the birds one, Joshua tree, I think those were all pretty grown up. There have been a few bizarre ones since then, the LA sharks ones, this tree motif. It’s too bad they didn’t do a lynx, that would have been seksi AF.
What’s your take on camp collar shirts in general?

cjaz

Reaction score

Agreed. The majority prints take it to an ostentatious level. That’s fine and all, but I’d look like a clown trying to pull it off. I have my fair share of tie dye products which can be interpreted similarly. However, they are geared towards the fusion of art, creativity, and technical innovation, oppose to a vector graphic printed in a way that fragments at all seams. This wood stuff will sell in brand name alone. Had they dropped this a few years back, I doubt they’d be in the position they are today.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
JE talked about taking the FW season back to a minimalistic approach. Neither of the first two sets of drops for Pre Fall have followed suit. We will see how they continue to transition into FW, but not a great start.

Both Pre Fall and Fall / Winter 20 were designed and sold before that interview. Not to say there isn't a minimalist foundation in our collections - I think you'll love what we have coming up, but lead times in design and production are longer than what you are referencing.

afionas05

Reaction score
Not complaining about extra drops but drops are happening on sunday now??

tommo

Reaction score
Hey @MIKE_JE any word on when that awesome looking grey wash thumper is gonna be dropped?

take my money

Attachments

• 51B6A2E0-8075-415E-9FD1-7527D72AABE3.png
    51B6A2E0-8075-415E-9FD1-7527D72AABE3.png
    657.2 KB · Views: 99

razorfrazer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My sz 28 denim looked that tight but its already loosened up a bit. It fits in the waist okay or no? Mine was bang on

hermesonly

Reaction score
Both Pre Fall and Fall / Winter 20 were designed and sold before that interview. Not to say there isn't a minimalist foundation in our collections - I think you'll love what we have coming up, but lead times in design and production are longer than what you are referencing.

@MIKE_JE how oversize is the Duck Orange Twig shirts? .. I'm usually a Medium.. but have sized down to Small (from Bougainvillea and Shark fit which fits just between small and medium) .. IS this more oversize than the previous camp shirt release, please.. Thank you.

JR918

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just got my sz30 codys

is this too tight>? will it stretch out or shld i just have got a sz31

Are these your normal je size? I had the og cobas in my normal JE size and they started out really tight and stretched to perfection.

found a couple old pics of my cobas.

Attachments

• E0DBDEE2-68E8-4CA8-8A9D-F172944593D7.jpeg
    E0DBDEE2-68E8-4CA8-8A9D-F172944593D7.jpeg
    215.7 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads