1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

If you worn it a bunch of times, it's probably stretched as much as it will. It doesn't grow by sizes. Just gets a bit looser that's it.

2. Mackp12

Mackp12 Senior member

Thanks brotha!

3. Mackp12

Mackp12 Senior member

As stated above^ it will only get a little bit looser. Won't drastically stretch a full size

4. doveshow

doveshow Member

Thanks guys.

5. johnelliottfan

johnelliottfan Senior member

I order from Toronto and I get dinged duties/taxes every single time I order. I think there's been one time where I haven't been charged duties and it was on a smaller order. It's usually around 90-100 bucks on average if you are buying a few pieces each time.

Not sure what effect NAFTA has on this kind of thing but it hasn't been good for me at least :p.

Looking forward to copping one of the hooded villians which will be my first.

I want the esco's too but I am still deciding on whether or not to go M or large. I have both sizes and they both fit, it's tough and I guess just a matter of preference.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  6. youngwheezy

youngwheezy Active Member

That's a bummer. I'm also in Toronto, but based on my 9-10 orders direct from JE, I have only got dinged for duties/taxes twice. I find it has been for larger orders - if I just ordered one villain, I would be fine. Just make sure you pick USPS for shipping.

7. bryanhsu123

bryanhsu123 Senior member

This is very true. I experienced the same thing, I've made many orders of 2-3 pieces each shipping to China with USPS. I did not get taxed a single time for USPS, but when I used DHL express which is supposed to be 3 business days, it took more than 3 weeks to get it cleared and I had to pay 80 bucks in taxes/duties. Make sure you choose the USPS option because it will be faster and the chances of getting taxed is quite low.

8. bryanhsu123

bryanhsu123 Senior member

Thinking about the exact same thing as you...charcoal escos is a must-cop because i only have one pair of escos, but contemplating on whether or not I should cop the olive villain...Already have the villain in black, sand, midnight, and charcoal...

9. ursman

ursman Senior member

I'm 5'6" 155lbs. I just recently purchased Escobars in a Medium and they are working out for me just fine. I was concerned about whether or not to go with Small or Medium... so I contacted JE directly. They recommended the Mediums and I am very happy with the fit. JE made it very clear that the sweats run very slim. Once that was made clear - I really had no issues copping the Mediums.

10. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Yea, I like the villain but then it feels like you are wearing the same thing all the time when you own so many. Plus I don't really wear mine that often that I need so many.

I'm your weight and an inch taller. I wear a small but it honestly depends on your build too. I have skinny legs so the small fits. If you hsve bigger thighs and calves then a medium can easily work. I'm wearing a pair of small shorts here.

[​IMG]

11. johnelliottfan

That's incredibly strange as I have chosen USPS every time I've ordered from JE. I order often w/ DHL from other companies and I find their shipping has proven time again to be the absolute fastest out of all of the express shipping companies. Neither here nor there, it is what it is. I feel like customs just grabs whatever package they want and there isn't a rhyme or reason to it.

Anyways I am 6 ft 180 pounds the medium escos actually fit me pretty nicely. I have a pair of larges that fit nicely too. I've had the Mediums for a while nwo and they've stretched out a bit to be almost the perfect size. I just got the large dune escos and they fit well too, but I'm wondering if they will stretch out as well and if I'm better off with the medium charcoals.

12. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

They all stretch. It's the same material. Might not stretch has much since it will have less tension from the looser fit but I say go with the medium.

13. johnelliottfan

I'm thinking the same thing too, thx bro. Apology for not taking a photo of the engi pants - had them already packed up and sealed to send back

14. ursman

ursman Senior member

Right. Obviously you're build and preference matter. I wear a small in a lot of brands... and medium in others. It's a delicate balance! I can't tell you how often I purchase multiple sizes... and return the ones that don't fit. Our curse!

One man's perspective... all I can give. Wish I had a photo to share to assist you... but I don't. Best of luck!

15. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I'm the same way for tops. Some small mostly medium these days. Pants I'm generally ok with since it's very rare a pair won't fit (unless the waist is too tight).

16. johnelliottfan

@JohnElliottCo what color is the riri zip back pocket on the charcoal esco's? Black or silver?

17. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

Black

18. Mackp12

Mackp12 Senior member

copped the charcoal escobars in a small! Can't wait

19. johnelliottfan

Amazing just what I hoped for, copped.

Wish the riri was black on the blk hoya short as well.

thx

20. ursman

ursman Senior member

Just copped Burgundy Villain. Couldn't resist. Can't get enough of this color this season.