John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. beeasyed

beeasyed Well-Known Member

Reference, i'm 6'0, ~165
    I bought the Escobar (black) sweats in Medium and the Villain (burgundy) in Large.

Really liked the terry cloth fabric, felt sturdy. Cuff was in a softer fabric (not terry cloth). Unfortunately, that cuff opening will probably get looser over time...because it does fit really tight at the bottom and you really have to pull your feet through it. A lot more room once once you hit the upper calf area. Waist was perfect for me. (usually a sz. 31 pant)

It does have a lower crotch, but not nearly as low and baggy as some of the sweats the bigger fashion brands put out, thank god.

Back zipper pocket is nice to have, but hard to squeeze in my wallet, pretty thin pocket opening. Actually scratched the leather doing so. But i suppose it beats the shallower/non-zipper pockets on most sweats?

Oh, minor gripe:
    1. wish the drawstrings of the sweats weren't as thick, and rigid. it's weird.
    2. wish the hole openings of the drawstrings had a metal opening, or some way to prevent it from stretching or tearing over repeated use

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Forgot to take pics of the Villain on, but it was a good idea to size up on that one. I'm a size 40 chest and a Medium for most items, but the JE Large was already a little snug on the chest, and just right on the shoulders. Color's fantastic though, goes well with the zippers in gold... will put up those pics when i remember.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013

2. GTFan712

GTFan712 Senior member

The waist will be fine, but the length could be an issue. You'll likely have to stack the pants more than you may prefer.

3. SenorChang

SenorChang Senior member

Probably not small enough. They'll definitely be very long. I'm 5'9" and wear a small and the length is perfect.

4. Joebo21

Joebo21 Senior member

What's up everyone, I got the escobars and riga hoodie both large coming soon. I'll update how they fit when I get them. I'm 6'3 160 w/ 32" waist. I think the hoodie should be good, I'm just hoping the sweats aren't too tight

5. JohnBotsford

JohnBotsford Active Member

Thanks for the info. This is kinda what I expected.

6. beeasyed

you'll be fine w/ the escobars in large. i'm between 6'0/6'1 around same weight and perfect with the size Medium.

7. Joebo21

Joebo21 Senior member

alright cool, thanks!

8. Wongtouski

Wongtouski Senior member

Guys,

I just got a notification from Revolve Clothing that they have the Black in M back in stock, I just bought one, go check it out!!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013

9. beeasyed

haha wish that was the case for the grey duo escobars...
    anyone got fit pics of the hoodie? or their jeans?

10. SenorChang

SenorChang Senior member

Any details on those hoodies from the SS14 lookbook with what look to be drawstrings at the hem? Also, is that some kind of slubby, linen-blend tee I see?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013

11. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

The new tees are cotton - silk blend. The hoodies are mesh with jersey. All available February.

12. SenorChang

SenorChang Senior member

13. DonHeebenhof

DonHeebenhof Well-Known Member

I am about 6ft (5'11.5") and hover between 165 and 170 lbs with a 32 waist. I got a M in the grey villain hoody. It was slightly tighter than any hoody i have had before at first, and i was hesitant about returning it for a larger size, but once i started to wear it broke in nicely and fits great. It was definitely a little tight in the chest and shoulders like a previous user said, but it ended up forming to my shoulders/chest and stretching out slightly. Hope this helps

14. DonHeebenhof

DonHeebenhof Well-Known Member

If you like a looser fit, i would definitely go a size up, personally, i am into a slimmer fit in my clothing so it worked for me

15. max-t

max-t Senior member

man i returned my medium for being too small at 5'8" 140 i dunno how you dudes with half a foot and 30 pounds on me are doing this. will there be a restock? would still like a large