• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Deceive

Reaction score
Anyone know sizing on black dillons? Generally wear 34s but the last few (Figueroa, washed graphite) have been 33 for me and I prefer that fit. Any help would be great!
Go with 33, I just picked a pair up last week and went TTS with all my other JE denim. They fit perfectly, veeeeery stretchy and comfortable :worship2:

thatsoutbro

Reaction score
Kind of symbolic of the releases right now. There hasn’t been an objectively exciting drop in a really long time. We just keep getting more sweats, hoodies and cargo pants that are just slight variations of the ones we got before.

Facts. I’ve just been on the hunt for older pieces I missed out on. Kinda bummed to see the direction the brand has been trending but it’s been great for my wallet.

quickstruck

Reaction score
Kind of symbolic of the releases right now. There hasn’t been an objectively exciting drop in a really long time. We just keep getting more sweats, hoodies and cargo pants that are just slight variations of the ones we got before.
I feel. It’s tough. We don’t know what we want. When we get more of the same (basics, etc) we get bored. However when JE ventures out a little too far, we yearn for simpler pieces

JBad28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Agree, which is honestly expected. With their drop model, it's near impossible to please everyone every time, which is honestly a good thing for us consumers. To be fair, we're only just about to hit the 3rd month of the year so there is A LOT of time left and with pieces dropping every week, so we're bound to be excited about something. But you're definitely right about the variations of sweats, cargo pants, and hoodies. That time of the year is passing and where I live, that's about 1-2 months out of the year.

Facts. I’ve just been on the hunt for older pieces I missed out on. Kinda bummed to see the direction the brand has been trending but it’s been great for my wallet.

Yeah, I have a list of older pieces I want to get my hands on as well. Just continuing to monitor Grailed, eBay, and BST.

I feel. It’s tough. We don’t know what we want. When we get more of the same (basics, etc) we get bored. However when JE ventures out a little too far, we yearn for simpler pieces

I disagree with not knowing what we want. It's just the evolution of the brand and experimenting with new styles. It seems most people in this forum are pretty simple/minimal, so this SS20 really isn't for those people. Definitely nothing wrong with that and that's a good thing for the company/consumers. Like I said above, we're only about to hit month 3 of this year, so many more drops to go!

Hang in there fam! Also since we're all into some sort of fashion here, this is a great time to venture out and discover/explore new brands and styles. I've been looking heavily into AMI, Acne, Norse Projects, Outlier, Wool and Prince, and others to diversify/extend other parts of my wardrobe instead of continuing to buy jeans/tee's. And if you're really just into JE, save up that money for that drop that gets you excited.

Last edited:

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i like all those names except for Wool and Prince. Have a few items from there - just doesn't do it. Wool shirts without an undershirt just doesn't work for me. and the marino tee they have just doesn't cut it either (not performance, not luxe). i really wanted a formal shirt i could wear to work and not launder, but i guess that didn't happen.

marcus-chi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree, which is honestly expected. With their drop model, it's near impossible to please everyone every time, which is honestly a good thing for us consumers. To be fair, we're only just about to hit the 3rd month of the year so there is A LOT of time left and with pieces dropping every week, so we're bound to be excited about something. But you're definitely right about the variations of sweats, cargo pants, and hoodies. That time of the year is passing and where I live, that's about 1-2 months out of the year.

Yeah, I have a list of older pieces I want to get my hands on as well. Just continuing to monitor Grailed, eBay, and BST.

I disagree with not knowing what we want. It's just the evolution of the brand and experimenting with new styles. It seems most people in this forum are pretty simple/minimal, so this SS20 really isn't for those people. Definitely nothing wrong with that and that's a good thing for the company/consumers. Like I said above, we're only about to hit month 3 of this year, so many more drops to go!

For me it’s two things working at once. First, my wardrobe is in a spot where I don’t have as many needs. Just overall not as impressed by a different cut of sweats, etc. Then there’s the valid critique that John is just missing the mark right now. The men’s clothes just seem uninspired right now. I don’t know. Even the styling is just blah. Even when I didn’t buy certain stuff in seasons past, it still provided a style blueprint. However, the women’s side seems like it’s getting heat. Even got a nice little lookbook. Maybe John is just stretched thin but you’re right bro. A break for the wallet and a little time to explore other brands.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For me it’s two things working at once. First, my wardrobe is in a spot where I don’t have as many needs. Just overall not as impressed by a different cut of sweats, etc. Then there’s the valid critique that John is just missing the mark right now. The men’s clothes just seem uninspired right now. I don’t know. Even the styling is just blah. Even when I didn’t buy certain stuff in seasons past, it still provided a style blueprint. However, the women’s side seems like it’s getting heat. Even got a nice little lookbook. Maybe John is just stretched thin but you’re right bro. A break for the wallet and a little time to explore other brands.
Well the women’s side has a different designer, Cara Campagnoli

marcus-chi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well the women’s side has a different designer, Cara Campagnoli

Ahhh, makes sense. I know before he mentioned in a different interview his wife was the one kind of doing that. Either way, I would still he has something to do with it considering how much design language is shared between both. Women's side is looking great this season though.

JBad28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Little chilly out today

Sonic Uni

E360D6F8-0694-4C31-A60D-9C01303FE5F8.jpeg 8AD9E760-4B56-4A67-A5F4-1F7DD40B43AE.jpeg

Bimmer93

Reaction score
I have a JE gift card code from a BF return that I have no plans to use. Code has $83 on it. If you’re going to buy some JE, I’ll sell it for $75.

JR918

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found the blue summer rider a grailed of mine from season 9. Really stoked to have found this in new condition. Def plan on getting some wear during spring/summer. Couple of fit pics with JE from top to bottom.

Attachments

• 4C0DB7E1-C620-4F6E-AF10-788B657294EB.jpeg
    4C0DB7E1-C620-4F6E-AF10-788B657294EB.jpeg
    215.5 KB · Views: 71

JBad28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found the blue summer rider a grailed of mine from season 9. Really stoked to have found this in new condition. Def plan on getting some wear during spring/summer. Couple of fit pics with JE from top to bottom.

You get it from the BST here? That price was a steal, wasn’t my size though. Glad you got a grail of yours bro!

Blue is such a great color.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hang in there fam! Also since we're all into some sort of fashion here, this is a great time to venture out and discover/explore new brands and styles. I've been looking heavily into AMI, Acne, Norse Projects, Outlier, Wool and Prince, and others to diversify/extend other parts of my wardrobe instead of continuing to buy jeans/tee's. And if you're really just into JE, save up that money for that drop that gets you excited.
Outlier is great man, I love their ****, but it’s totally different than JE, but I think you can work it in. I was trying on some clothes for my trip. This is the outlier injected linen popover and cast 2 mica. I think the shirt is the perfect beach shirt.
2D965055-295D-466F-8271-CD38A15B7298.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads