John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

I stopped reading that thread FWIW. I have enough SNS anyway. The inverallan thread is getting there too.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
  2. beeasyed

beeasyed Well-Known Member

i can't imagine a new brand would be immune to this. this must be how it starts before enough ppl own the brand to be able to discuss it. i asked a few questions about sizes, and about purchasing, then i purchased a couple items. and when i receive it, i'd be glad to talk about the quality, fit and post pics. it just seems like a natural progression..?

3. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

The forum thrives on content creation and consumption. Asking incessantly for discounts or individual sizing questions adds no value. Pictures and intelligent discussion does far more for the brand than this.

Also, as it turns out, the best person to ask about your very individual sizing questions is the shop stocking the product with the ability to grab it off the shelf and measure it, not random dudes on the internet.

Also, the John Elliot rep posting in this thread is not John (unless they share accounts behind the senes, but I don't believe that's the case).

Additionally, I believe enough people own APC denim by now to disprove your theory.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
  4. superego

superego Senior member

typically it's about the clothes in the beginning, then becomes more about sizing once new stuff stops popping. not really how this threak has progressed

5. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Part of the problem is its the same questions asked a lot like the sizing of specific items. Detailed measurements are on the site although I think john said the jean measurements were from the first batch. If you have questions on sizing you can search the thread or email/PM the brand.

More fit pics with the jeans and other clothes would be great

6. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

Thanks guys, we really appreciate all your feedback. We are a new brand - as you can imagine we are just closing out our second season. A year ago today we hadn't opened or sold a single unit.

Come spring we will have detailed measurements for every garment in every size as long as model references. We are also constantly working on improving the fit of our garments and part of that comes from your feedback.

I don't really think there has been incessant discount inquiries - but it is something we offered from the get go and I'd certainly expect it especially around this time of year. (Just look at the Sales Alert Thread)

If you want to know who you are talking to on here, its a mix. I (Mike) oversee customer service and sales and have also been a member of Styleforum since 2010, and lurked long before that. We're all together and in contact all the time, and we have a very small team, so you honestly could be talking to John or myself through social media, but we aren't hiding any of that. This has really been built from the ground up and continues to be.

We appreciate any conversation here and I look forward to the continued growth of this thread!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  7. beeasyed

beeasyed Well-Known Member

- how do are people supposed to discuss something they haven't purchased yet? i won't be able to talk about the clothes for another week till i've received them.
    - as it turns out, random dudes on the internet usually reply faster on the forums than salespeople on shop sites
    - it's not a theory, it's just a logical progression. the fact that some people still ask about APC denim sizing doesn't contradict the fact that new brands don't have as much sizing info out there. luckily, John Elliot recently put up the model's measurements and sizing on the site.

8. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

Cyber Monday comes early:

Take 30% off remaining denim & Snap Overshirts with coupon code: DNMSP30

For 10% off site wide: CMON10

Free shipping remains until the end of tomorrow.

The coupon codes do not stack. If you would like to purchase 10% off items along with 30% off items I suggest placing two separate orders as we are still offering free shipping and will most likely combine the two.

If you purchased denim or a Snap Overshirt from us on Friday email [email protected] and we will get you squared away with a 10% refund to match tomorrow's discount on this category.

9. optimaasprime

optimaasprime Senior member

How does the raw twill stretch and form compared to raw denim?

10. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

It is a lighter fabric and I would say it has more stretch if anything compared to the raw denim.

11. optimaasprime

optimaasprime Senior member

thanks

12. relaxandrawr

relaxandrawr Member

Thanks for having such open communication and transparency with your customers. I do have one question though. I just got an email confirming my items have been shipped. Do you guys not give Tracking numbers though?

Edit: Just received a USPS tracking number. Thanks!

13. Wongtouski

Wongtouski Senior member

Hi,

Just wondering when the Villian hoodie would be back in stock....I also want to ask about sizing, I'm 5'7 160lbs....is Medium sufficient? Thanks

14. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

The Villain will not be back in stock until Spring. You can try Atrium Wooster in NYC. I'd say Medium is probably the right size for you. Our model is 5'11" 160 wearing a medium. You probably would need the extra shoulder space at your height/weight.

Thanks

15. timk

timk Member

Will there be a restock on the Cast Nimbus jeans?