John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. naylom11

naylom11 Member

Quote: Appreciate the input man, I'm debating what to do... The 2013 fit is different that the 2014, but the waist size is just 2 or 3 sizes too big for me. I mean with a belt I can somewhat pull it off, but it still sucks. Hows the actual denim quality compare? Is it as heavy as the YePC?

2. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

My comparison was for the 2013 version. The 2013 and 2014 versions don't even compare, huge difference.

I'll say the quality is good on both, comes down to the wash really. If you like that lighter color, either get those tailored to fit better or upgrade to slp.

3. Gutiinthebooty

Gutiinthebooty Well-Known Member

I have the 2013 APC Kanye, and ordered the 2015 cast coast. I ended up returned the Cast denim.

The denim quality is great on both, so it is hard to go wrong with either of them in that respect.

For me, because the Cast was a bit slim in the seat, I kept the Kanye. Also, the Kanye jeans dont bleed on my sneakers, so that is a plus.

I probably would have kept both had they not been so pricey. Theyre a bit too similar in wash for me personally to keep both.

4. naylom11

naylom11 Member

True, yeah I see no reason to keep both (as I also have the JE x Gap wash as well). My problem is my legs make it hard to size slim/tapered denim. I'm a true 30-31. For example, my APC Kanye's are a 32, taper perfectly in the legs and stack well. Waist is wayy too big. I may look at SLP's but its hard to find a light wash selvedge... not to mention price is steep. I'm hoping that JE Coasts are that perfect blend of true waist fit, and stacking taper.

5. naylom11

naylom11 Member

Again I have the 2013's

6. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

At a true 30-31 you will want a 28 or 29 in the Coast.

7. nymvon

nymvon Active Member

Does anyone own any of the loopwheel collection how is it?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015

8. StPauli

StPauli Senior member

Gotcha. The quilting does look really awesome though. Perhaps the problem would be lessened if they used synthetic materials instead of cotton.

9. drb1911

drb1911 Senior member

Anyone own the rebel tank...if so, is it a good layering piece perhaps under a JE t shirt? I imagine it will work fine under a hoodie but really curious about its look under a t shirt and its quality in general.

10. Vindeleon90

Vindeleon90 Senior member

They're awesome. I was unimpressed at first but after a few wears I fell in love. I alternated pants like 5x a week lol extra comfy. Good warmth

11. rbroseph

rbroseph Senior member

I own both rebel tanks.
    They look great layering with sweaters but couldn't imagine them under the JE tee's as they're already lined with the same material the t-shirts are made out of and the cotton mesh is pretty heavy.
    Probably the heaviest tanks I own as well, love them as a stand alone piece in the summer.

12. casadeozo

casadeozo Member

Has anyone had a serious issue with pilling with the JE + Co tees? I have about 6 of the classic crews in assorted colors including 2 white tees that arrived last week. The 2 white tees began pilling almost instantly. I can share pics as a reference. Not sure what to do and a bit dissapointed.

13. NickEPockets

NickEPockets Senior member

@JohnElliottCo Is there a release date for the Scar tanks?

14. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

The black mesh tank releasing for SS15 is lightweight supima cotton mesh and does not have any layered jersey.

15. rbroseph

rbroseph Senior member

Will the new Alma's and other mesh products moving forward be constructed with this lightweight supima cotton mesh?
    Also, any info on the mesh top Shaun Ross is wearing in the 2nd SS15 lookbook I posted earlier? (not the hooded rebel)
    Thanks!