1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

^ We produced the Fishtail Raincoats overseas because the sewing on technical garments is superior. There is no reduction in quality on these garments.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  2. johnelliottfan

johnelliottfan Senior member

The fishtail opening measures about an inch - inch and a half wide. In the picture it looks about 6-8 inches.

3. GTFan712

GTFan712 Senior member

Same with mine. Is this an error in production, @JohnElliottCo?

4. victoorious

victoorious Senior member

wow I didn't notice about mine too.

my tail is long but its for sure not as wide

[​IMG]

5. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

This is not an error in production. The garments were adjusted and at the time they were photographed the samples had a slightly wider fishtail. We are not moving production to China. Some garments, such as technical pieces, are sewn more precisely at overseas facilities.

As always we stand by our products and will facilitate a return or exchange if you are in any way unhappy with the product.

1 person likes this.
  6. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Does anybody have fit pics with the fishtail crew? I like the idea but wish the back was elongated more. Curious how it looks irl.

7. victoorious

victoorious Senior member

does anyone have a pair of Kito's that can be me some insight.

When you wear yours, does it stay stacked like that or does it drop down to your calf like the photo below.

Im thinking bout getting the olive ones if they can stay like how it was modeled.

[​IMG]

8. GTFan712

GTFan712 Senior member

The stacking will depend on how tight the pant fits from the knee down. The tighter the fit, the better the stack will hold.

9. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I'll post pics when I get a chance. It's nice and thick. I personally love the flight jacket and been looking forward to it for a long time. I'm from the bay so I guess I can relate to the inspiration behind it. It's a dead on image of what pavement in SF can look like when the fog / marine layer rolls in. Will be getting the olive version

1 person likes this.
  10. justjohn

justjohn Senior member

It is best to update the product images to make sure customers get what was advertised to avoid confusion and returns.

Wanted the jacket from the beginning and fits the rainy weather here so the changes did not bother me much.

11. GTFan712

GTFan712 Senior member

You have one already?

12. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I was talking about the wool bomber sorry. I don't have the flight jacket

13. PDinh

PDinh Senior member

This has probably been answered multiple times but if I'm 5'9 150 what size esocobar and flash dual fullzip do I get? M?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  14. justjohn

justjohn Senior member

Yes go with Medium

15. LuckyG61

LuckyG61 Active Member

I was dead set on the Fishtail Raincoat but GTfan's write up and recent pics posted have ultimately steered me away. Loved the exaggerated opening but what's shown in actuality compared to product pics is disappointing and a deal breaker for me. I thought the $388 price tag was a bit much for it, all things considered, but I couldn't pass up the jacket. Still like the jacket, but I'm not enamoured with it like before, and just can't justify buying something at that price that fits the bill only somewhat. Appreciate the pics and reviews, guys.

16. Cg23

Cg23 Senior member

Over/Under on how many people will be heartbroken by the flight jacket price? Love the concept, looking forward to the site photos to really show which jackets accentuate which colors

17. johnelliottfan

I am still torn as to what size flight jacket I am going to buy. I had to return the wool bomber in size large as it was too small. It was the smallest jacket I have ever worn for a "large", it was just crazy small I could barely do it up - usually I wear mediums in the mercer tees and I have the medium raincoat that fits nice. I am 6 foot 180 pounds athletic build. I am thinking of going with a large in the flight jacket but I guess I'll wait to see measurements? The problem is if you buy the wrong size by the time you most likely return it the size you need will be sold out.

18. sussi

sussi Senior member

That is very helpful for me as I am 5'11 and 175 also athletic build, so now I am sure I should go with XL.

19. johnelliottfan

In the flight jacket?

20. NickEPockets

NickEPockets Senior member

You can buy two sizes and return the one that doesn't fit.